A long time ago when i first started shooting i had slots for a .223 and .17hmr so of i went the gun shop to get me a .17 first.

So long story short , i puchased the .17hmr then decided to get a mod for it.

As at the time i had a bright idea to get a mod that would be used on the .17 and the .223.

So after some advice a PES T12 was brought and sent away with the rifle to becut/proofed.

However some time later i got my .223 with a T8 on it so never put the T12 on or near the .223.

So what i,m asking is if the PES is proofed and stamped for the .17hmr .

Can it be sold still as .223 mod?( trying sort some funds for a 6.5 ;) )

Yes, i know it was a waste putting a PES T12 on a .17hmr, it now has a SAK on it.

I was suckered into some bad advice!!

Thanks,

Brian.

Now then,

I am not the fountain of knowledge on here but if a m**s been used on a rimfire, i personaly

would be carefull putting it on a centre fire. Could be a problem with any un burnt powder left

in the M**d.

Plus i would check your ticket, im sure you must have mod on your ticket for use on that fire arm.

I'm guessing the T12 you have got is suitable (baffle holes etc) for .223 in the first place and not a custom .17 mod.......

Provided it has got NO serial numbers or name on it or your ticket you could do the following........

If it is on your ticket as .17 HMR mod then you could only sell it to someone with .17 on there ticket.......However there is know reason why you can't get another s/h parker hale (or similar) mod for £10 at your local gunroom for your 'air rifle' and sell the T12. Make sense?

I'm guessing the T12 you have got is suitable (baffle holes etc) for .223 in the first place and not a custom .17 mod.......

Yep you would be right

Provided it has got NO serial numbers or name on it or your ticket you could do the following........

Yep no numbers or maker on my ticket

If it is on your ticket as .17 HMR mod then you could only sell it to someone with .17 on there ticket.......However there is know reason why you can't get another s/h parker hale (or similar) mod for £10 at your local gunroom for your 'air rifle' and sell the T12. Make sense?

I already have another mod ( sak ) on the rifle so it would ok for me to sell the t12 as a .223 mod then? if i understand you correctly..

Thanks,

Brian.

Hi Brian, is you sak mod on your rifle now on your ticket? Or does your ticket just say .17hmr mod No serial no. & No Make.

Basically if you haven't got the SAK on your ticket and it says PES on their now, your breaking the law. However if your ticket just says 17hmr mod No serial no. & No Make, 'then your T12 was never on your .17', if you know what I mean....However you must sell the T12 as an 'airgun mod' and the end user can put it on there ticket.

Make sense

Also just check your dealer you purchased the mod from has not got any make or serial number in his record. If its like all the PES mods I've had there just unmarked steel tubes.

Archived