OUT AMONG THE VERMIN

nell

Just having finished another tough two months of shearing im always keen to get out n about with the rifle, so i didnt need to be asked twice when my mate beattie 16 called to see if i fancied a look on our shoot.

He suggested i take my rifle (cause im a better shot than him ;) )and he would call.We sat on a hill overlooking a large bank of whins (gorse) which has produced many foxes over the years, but not tonight so after an hour we decided to move to another area. As we walked along tom spotted a family of carrion crows in dead tree, they where :lol: far enough away not to be bothered by our presence approx 250yds, safe shot,plenty time to get comfy, game on, picked a big one first which went up in a cloud of feather as the 55grn vmax struck home, we couldnt believe it but one of the youngsters hung around long enough to meet the same fate, well pleased.

We moved on to or next spot with the light starting to fade,we hadnt sat down for lond before we had a cub comming in like a train to the call, he sat down at around 150 and the rest is history :D as they say, a good retrieve for toms young dog.

Good to be out again :D:D

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

A good outing.Hope you get a few more in, we all need are R&R ;)

Cheers

Dave

ps Andy thats what we need a dog which retrieves foxes, then you won't have to walk 800 odd yards to fetch them back :lol:

Just having finished another tough two months of shearing im always keen to get out n about with the rifle, so i didnt need to be asked twice when my mate beattie 16 called to see if i fancied a look on our shoot.

He suggested i take my rifle (cause im a better shot than him :lol: )and he would call.We sat on a hill overlooking a large bank of whins (gorse) which has produced many foxes over the years, but not tonight so after an hour we decided to move to another area. As we walked along tom spotted a family of carrion crows in dead tree, they where :lol: far enough away not to be bothered by our presence approx 250yds, safe shot,plenty time to get comfy, game on, picked a big one first which went up in a cloud of feather as the 55grn vmax struck home, we couldnt believe it but one of the youngsters hung around long enough to meet the same fate, well pleased.

We moved on to or next spot with the light starting to fade,we hadnt sat down for lond before we had a cub comming in like a train to the call, he sat down at around 150 and the rest is history :D as they say, a good retrieve for toms young dog.

Good to be out again :D:D

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

well done boys ;) is that the legendary beattie16 in the first photo nell ? id heard by reputation he was 6' 10" and built like a brick shithoose :lol: oh well i suppose the camera never lies eh :P bob is lookin well and as good on fox as he is on roe. think he'll give floss a run for her money nell ? :ph34r:

Hi BRNO, yes that is the said BEATTIE 16 in the, look a bit wee as hes sitting on a big hill :ph34r:

There has yet to be a dog born that can find carrion like floss :lol::lol: young bob got a long way to go, must admit his rolling in unpleasant things technique is comming along nicely :lol:

nell

Hi BRNO, yes that is the said BEATTIE 16 in the, look a bit wee as hes sitting on a big hill :ph34r:

There has yet to be a dog born that can find carrion like floss :lol::lol: young bob got a long way to go, must admit his rolling in unpleasant things technique is comming along nicely :lol:

nell

just like his owner then eh tam :P:D;)

has tam worked oot how to turn the computer on yet nell, thought he would have had sommit to say.

well done boys ;) is that the legendary beattie16 in the first photo nell ? id heard by reputation he was 6' 10" and built like a brick shithoose B);)

You've got muddled up with the legend a bit there Brno17, true I'm built like a brick shithoose but only 6ft 2" tall, I've been lucky enough to have been gifted in other areas with the other 8" ;):D:lol:

The dog is coming on great with the foxes and deer, speak soon! The 6ft 2" legend :P:D

You've got muddled up with the legend a bit there Brno17, true I'm built like a brick shithoose but only 6ft 2" tall, I've been lucky enough to have been gifted in other areas with the other 8" ;);)B)

The dog is coming on great with the foxes and deer, speak soon! The 6ft 2" legend :P:D

Nowt gifted about having a big mooth :D:lol:;)

See you next week

NELL

Good result Nell it sure is good to get some chill out time out in the fields after work,tidy looking shooting rig as well

Archived