Minox 10x42 TAC (reticle)

OK,

Couldn't get these in the UK so contacted Minox as the UK suppliers details weren't up to date. He got in touch and arranged to have them delivered direct from Germany, the minox uk accounts team dealt with everything and were efficient and polite. Bino's were with me a couple of days later (very well packed)

Basically these are the BV 10x42 with the reticle present in the left, set up is the usual close one eye focus, close other eye focus, Everything is firm but smooth in operation.

As you can seen they are a little larger than the rangefinder in the photo, they fit the hands well and are comfortable to use.

They are of very sturdy construction and although not heavy, they certainly aren't featherweight, exposed metal appears anodised the rest is rubber coated/armoured. The reticle can be rotated so its level no matter how the bridge in adjusted. Eye pieces are the fast turn type and I've found turned fully out gives me the correct eye relief.

Rubber cups fitted to objectives and a moulded piece covers the eyepiece and attaches to the strap(which I've yet to try or fit)

Compared to my Steiner 10x42 Hunting, the Minox have the edge, colour is better, image is sharper and more definition, as the light faded I had an extra 5-10 minutes of use.

The reticle is clearer in use than in the photo, at first I thought it was a bit in your face as its centrally viewed, but you soon get used to it and it blends in with the view.

So far I've played with ranging using the reticle but mainly on fence posts, checking with a Zeiss PRF I'm 3-5 yards out so happy with my first attempts

2016-06-10%2020.33.05_zpsao7xbyrm.jpg

2016-06-10%2020.33.43_zps30hyyvqo.jpg

2016-06-10%2020.34.26_zpsqzsk4iev.jpg

2016-06-10%2020.35.01_zpsyqubbwoc.jpg

Archived