MOA query pm2

243Dan

I've got a pm2 zero stop, double turn.

I have 30 MOA on the elevation turret, i was confused about something,

When I went to zero it, the turret was set to 0 moa. Fired a 3 shot group low on the target, so I did say 6 moa and did a group in the bull. Then I'd unscrew the little screws on the turret and reset it back to 0 moa.

Now I'm thinking, because I had to use 6 moa to get it to zero, do I still get 30moa of movement from my turret if I ever needed it?

It's hard to explain it in writing lol

In a word no, as far as I am aware you have a maximum of 30MOA of adjustment and have used 6 getting it zeroed leaving you officially 24 but I would be reluctant to wind it past 20.

A different mount ( one that is angled) would help that but at the end of the day 500 yards is about 9MOA from memory in my PPC so 20+ MOA is 800 yards I would think. If you are regularly shooting at that distance then its worth investigation. But most PM2 have a grid reticule to add a bit more to your wind ons to extend things somewhat.

A

It may say 30moa on the turret but they have more than that internally , wind your elevation till it stops and count your moa , this is the max adjustment you have left , this figure dictates your max range on adjustments before needing to use your reticule.

Archived