hi,all info please,

fox scopes any one got one or used one and how do you rate these.

also who supplies them.

bob64

Brian Fox of fox firearms supplies them but have no idea what they are like

Guest Black Dog

I have the 8-32x50 on my 204 and have to say that for the money it is excellent.

Image quality is good, even at max magnification. It would be nice if the turrets were a little crisper but they are perfectly serviceable and I have no worries about their accuracy.

The lack of quality in the glass really becomes apparent at last light, my mates Nightforce gives another ten or so minutes shooting, but at ten times the price it bloody should :lol:

When considering buying the scope I was a little concerned about the "cheapness" of it, despite reading a few good reports about them. Having used it I would not quible about paying three times the asking price.

All the best,

Pete

Guest Smeagle

We were at the Shot Expo in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and talking to the boss dude of the company, they are basically made in China in the same factory and to the same specs as many branded names. Including Tasco etc There was a whole list of names which I can't recall but it was surprising.

I picked up a AR rail and my mate picked up a holographic red dot for pocket money. A scope is basically a metal tube with glass and some dials most of the cost is in labour, now in the States and Germany you have to pay award rates and the workers wont work for a bowl of rice a day, in China labour is cheap, hence cheap products a little exploitative you may think but without business the developing world will not develop. Its a catch 22 I don't like paying for cheap labour but if you don't then they don't have a welfare system and that bowl of rice suddenly becomes no rice.

So in short you are getting a decent product at a cheap rate, they aren't S&Bs or NF but that is reflected in the price. But they are comparable to many lower end and mid range scopes.

Guest rogern

Yep, I've got a Fox 4-16x50 IR with a target reticle

For the £130 I paid for it last August I cant knock it, its on a .204 and other than the last gasp of light its just fine.

It dont compare to the Swaro, but I could have bought 5.50 Fox Scopes for the same price as the Swaro!!!!

Only one complaint, you can not lock the turrets, so you need to be really carefull with the handling.

http://foxfirearmsuk.com/

Regards

Archived