A LOAD IN THE BAG

nemasis243

Well had planned to go to an Estate where I have just picked up the vermin shooting on this evening , so picked my buddy Simon up and off we set.

We got to the big house and was welcomed by the main man himself,he said I have contacted all the tennant farmers and all is well so go and help your self.

Then he tossed the keys of his Kawasaki mule to me and said its road legal, your insured and its full of juice, ;) but I need one favour from you , a young girl in one of the estate houses has been loosing chickens from her garden every evening so could I go and have a look about there? No probs there that will be the first port of call, we drove down the long drive and through a few gates and then ended up in the field behind the girls chicken pen.

Simon put the lamp on from the driving seat of the mule , as I was standing ready in the back ,using the roof as a shooting platform.

He scanned the field very quickly , 1,2,3 and then four sets of eyes, so he went back to the biggest of them all , then work began,a nice cold bore shot of 180yrds , then the next 160 and finally a nice left and right ,dropping the two half grown cubs about a foot apart from one another,they were 140yrds away, the 204 ruger :huh:making short work of them all.

That round certainly does the job sending a 39grn blitz king very quickly and accurately onto target, I like to head shoot so please excuse the pics. 25072008162.jpg

We drove round another part of the Estate and picked off another 2charlies ,then Simon had a phone call and we had to call it an end to the night,but as we were heading back a cub ran across the road towards the place where the chicken pen was, so we opened the gate and in we went, the cub was about the same size as the other two cubs I shot but a lot darker in colour,he just stood there standing frozen looking right towards me from about 160yrds away, I put the red dot from the Doctor 8x56 illuminated ,on his forhead and squeezed off a round , the fox lifted uo and did a back flip and fell to the floor, another little problem sorted.

We had a few bunnies as well so it was a fantastic night :unsure: ,

25072008164.jpg

thanks all cheers Andy

Hi Andy ,

Nice job done there captin and it sure looks like you had a good evening!!!! ;):unsure:

Please give my regards to Simon please!!!

All the best....................

RAY.......................................... :D :D

Archived