wind wins the day

foxshot

Well had a run out at the weekend for another go at geting those shots out at range, and give the Exbal another go,now i dont have a anemometer and the wind was fair blowing so this made things a diferent ball game and gave me a real kick up the arse on the long range shots anything over around 170 and the wind saved those rabbits big style and a couple of the black varmints so a dissapointing day was had,there are two sides to this area both sides provide fair long shots but one side also has a few roe which i intended to have a go at before dark so i didnt disturb this side typicaly the wind droped just as i was going to have a bit of a stalk walking to the area a doe was as startled as i was when i walked round the corner and off it went(good start) spying with the bins i saw a couple more a fair way out the grass was a good length so stalking was easy but when in shooting range they were does, another four were out feeding further on but they to were does so no venison for t ,decided to wait till dark and have a bit of a lamp,the night was very warm and very quiet compared to the daytime,where i expected to see fox's there was nothing heading back to the vehicle the familiar site of those spotlight eyes shone,a bit of action at last got steady on a wall and waited for it to show and present a clear shot,it wasnt botherd by the lamp so no rush shot was needed when it showed again it was that close i would have thought it would feel the heat of the lamp,never knew what hit it,picture051md1.jpg

so a bit of a dissapointing day in all half a dozen rabbits and one fox,need to get myself a anemometer and a bit of experience at shooting in the wind ,different ball game all together as i found out the hard way

I know it can be a bit disheartening in those conditions, but its good you've got out and given it a go.

You won't learn a thing sat at home.

You can get cheap anenometers on e**y they are a must for exbal to be effective.

Nice one on the fox and good luck on your long distance forays.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Foxshot , as 6MMBR said you got to get out in all conditionds to find out whats happening, its a real eye opener isnt it when you dial in and see a strike well from the aiming point ;) ,

Nice job on the charlie, and love the musket buddy it looks a dream :unsure:

Hi Foxshot ,

Well done on your fox!!! ;):unsure:

Now dont be disappointed buddy we all miss , now like the boys say - its always good to shoot in differing winds and yes a good windmeter is a must for accurate long range pest control!!!!

Good to hear you are getting out and about matey!!!!!!!!!! :D

All the best.......................

RAY.............................. :D :D

Archived