Mentor/mentors wanted

young1982

I've had my firearms certificate for about 16months and as some of you might know I'll be putting in for my first centrefire in the next few weeks, basiclly I was hoping someone, or a group would take me under their wing so I can learn more about shooting at distances and home loading.

I would join a club to seek advice but the closest one to me is hours away and I could only go maybe once a month, I do have friends that have centrefire's but their not bothered about getting everything they can out of their rifles (they just stick to shop bought ammo and and are a bit set in their ways).

At home I spend most of my spare time reading or on the net answering questions I've had and through this I feel I've learnt a fair bit, in fact I must have as I find my mates come to me for advice and questions, I'm also able to hold a conversation with my local gun dealer regarding most shooting subjects (so it's not like I don't know anything).

If you asked any of my friends they would tell you that I'm responsible and trustworthy, one of my mates runs a rural pest control business that I do work for part time so I must be doing something right.

If anyone could help I would be very greatful for giving me the opportunity to learn from them, if not could they recommend any good books to read ;) . I live in Pembrokeshire in S/W Wales but would be willing to travel to Carmarthenshire or Ceredigion if someone offers help in this area.

ATB

Gethin

Gethin,

I live in Swansea, a fair distance from you, but if you need help or advice at any time, I'm on the end of a phone. (I'll send you a PM with my number, if you wish)

I have a Speer Reloading manual No 10 which you are welcome to have gratis - I know it's old but the contents are still relevant.

When you have decided on the calibre of your rifle, buy " The Complete Reloading Manual For The .............." published by Loadbooks USA. These are complete but individual data manuals for each calibre. I have one for each of my rifles and I have found them invaluable.

There are many greatly experienced shooters and countrymen on this site who would be willing to answer your questions, I'm sure.

Peter

Archived