Going after Charlie tonight..

Streeker59

Hi guys.. One of the permissions i have has called & asked me to deal with a breeding pair of foxes ASAP.. Don't know what the hurry is as they keep horses.

Who am i to look a gift horse in the mouth?? Pun intended.. :)

So i'm off tonight to bag em.. They're always in the same paddock at the same time of night whenever i'm over there bunnying. As always i have my .22 rim with subs so i have to watch em play and wish i'd brought something more potent with me..

So.. I'll bag me a bunn to use as bait. Anchor it to a fence post and set myself up with my .17hmr.. I'll be no more than 60 yards from target so the Hmr should do the job nicely.. Here's hoping for a good night..

I'll post pics if i manage to bag em... :)

Grant...

Disaster struck !!

Arrived at the shoot to see the lady of the manor stabling a couple of horses. She wasn't expecting me as her hub hadn't said anything..

I told her he'd called me to dispense with the foxes.... Well she threw a wobbly...

Under no circumstances was i to take out the foxes !! Her hub was just trying to protect his prize Aylesbury ducks and she couldn't give a monkeys f**k about em.. :)

So there went my night... Changed barrels on my quad and took a few bunnies instead.. Not much of a consolation but there you go....

Disaster struck !!

Arrived at the shoot to see the lady of the manor stabling a couple of horses. She wasn't expecting me as her hub hadn't said anything..

I told her he'd called me to dispense with the foxes.... Well she threw a wobbly...

Under no circumstances was i to take out the foxes !! Her hub was just trying to protect his prize Aylesbury ducks and she couldn't give a monkeys f**k about em.. :)

So there went my night... Changed barrels on my quad and took a few bunnies instead.. Not much of a consolation but there you go....

Sorry to hear your foxing session did not go to plan!!!! :D:D

Wait till ( if she has any ) her cats go missing - perhaps she will look at things in a different light when " she " has problems , i bet Mr had a right earfull though!!! ;):lol:

All the best buddy...............

RAY...................................... ;);)

every time i go to a new farm and see horses i know im in for a bad time ,horses are bad news for us shooters

I've built a reputation in the 3 counties for being safe around horses which is why i get calls to clear the rabbits at many stables / farms with horses.

The downside of course is that centrefire even moderated is def off the menu.. .22 sub is the mainstay.

Only on one of my permissions can i use centerfire and that is so overshot by others that even the sparrows keep well away.. :wub:

Ah well, the search for a decent shoot where 500 yard rabbits can be taken goes on....

Grant..

I`ve walked away from lots of land over the years,because of horses.To be honest i`ve got plenty of permissions anyway,so i just dont need the hastle of horses or there owners!

Mind you,it seems that round our area,every year there seems to be more and more farms bought up by the horsey set.

Only last year we gave up on a brilliant piece of woodcock shooting,as it seemed everytime we went back there,the horses were getting more and more numerous.

Archived