making progress

blackjack

centrefires are fairly new to me,i really only got one for a bit of foxing,but after seeing what they can do in the right hands i have got the bug, i have been stugling a bit with getting a consistant load(and over cleaning the barrel), anyway got a redding neck die today ordered it yesterday pm from reloading solutions :lol: ,it has tighten the groups right up, i mounted a leupold that a got of a guy on here set up at 100yds and checked the dial ups,spot on but also found the ballistic charts i made off the norma website were a fair bit out.

took a bunny at 231yds with a head shot off the bonnet of the landrover dialled in 3" instead of 5" that the chart gave me but i did have a tail wind.

anyway i am making good progress after putting in a bit of time on paper ,going to redo my charts check it on paper and try to push itup to 300yds a bit at a time.

nothing like what some of you boys are doing but it keeps me amused. :lol:

Hi buddy ,

Nice to hear you are having fun!!!! :lol: :lol:

Once you start reaching out , the bug really bites!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

All the best...............

RAY......................................... :lol: :lol:

Its all about getting to know what you kit will do , have you done a crono test on it , if not get it sorted and then work out your chart,if your taking data from books these are only guidelines and that click or two at 400 yrds will make a difference.

Just remember to have fun thats what its all about :lol:

Yout certainly making a good start there. Always a good way of boosting your confidence is to actually to shoot groups at 200-300yards to see what the rifle is doing.

As Andy said its a case of getting to grips with what your kit is capable of.

Your certainly going the right way in this very addictive sport.

Cheers

Dave

Website drop charts are to be used with a large grain of salt.

There are many many factors to take in account.

They just used whatever numbers they put together on that given day.

The only ones you can trust are the ones you yourself have run.....and even then,

you will still wonder if they are right on.

308Panther

I have found the BIG GAME INFO ballistic charts to be pretty accurate. Admitted not as accurate as those you run yourself but pretty good.

A

Archived