Game Dealers

This is one for the Grampian stalkers out there.

What dealers do you use these days?

I used to use David Killoh in Inverurie, primarily because he had a van

constantly doing the rounds and they would collect from your door the very next day.

Unfortunately, David packed in dealing in game and I'm not sure of any suitable alternative

Are there any other dealers offering a similar service around the Aberdeenshire area?

regards

Steve

i also used to use Killoh but lost a grand when he went bankrupt.........I used to collect a cheque at the end of each season doe/buck. He went bankrupt about a month before i was due a payment. :wub:

I use Aberdeenshire larder now. They pay out on the day. £2.50 a KG for neck and cleanly shot biests and £1.75 a KG for saddle shot.

Didnt realise you were up this way ?. were are you based ?.

Im down at Stonehaven.

Ads

Hi Auquhollie,

Thanks for the reply.

Do Aberdeenshire Larders have a collection service or do you drop them off

in person?

I used to live in Portlethen but moved a couple of years ago to Elrick (Westhill).

I'm in a syndicate at Durris which I believe also has a couple of lads from Stony, all Coniferous

block which gets overrun with bracken at this time of year practically unshootable from June until

Oct.

regards

Steve

I think they do have a van that does its rounds but i just drop mine off. The price takes a hell of a drop if they are picked up.

Who are the guys from Stony ?.

If you ever fancy meeting up give us a shout.

Ads

Only met the guys a couple of times, think one is called Stewart but that's as far as it goes.

However, they both drive silver Ford Rangers. Hmmm, wonder how much the road tax will be for those

in 2010?

Our ground hosts the Durris transmitter, as well as several Billion Midges and Ticks.

The Roe numbers appear to have dwindled over the years (perhaps we just can't see them anymore)

but the Reds are on the increase.

P1010004.jpg

regards

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

We're in Perthshire not too far from the Grampians and we use Highland Game they are based in Dundee I think and they have quite a few lorries going around all the time, so they might come up your way. Just a suggestion.

NF

Archived