crow bashing with ppc

varminter

Went out yesterday to check on the corn that was sown 3 weeks ago , the crows and seagulls was having a party so i thought i would gate crash :lol::)

So got set up and first one was 290yds - boom slap!!! Then some flew up and some stayed further down the field, so pinged another -386yds - allowed for slight 1.5-2 mph wind - boom slap !! None returned after that...............

Heres the set up...................DSCF1338.jpg

And heres my window sticker i thought you boys would like :D ......................DSCF1340.jpg

And the night before managed a nice 407yds bunnie.....................DSCF1335.jpg

I am very happy with the work callum ferguson has done with this rifle - makes me smile every time i shoot it.... :D :D

Hope you guys manged some varminting this weekend too..................

All the best............

RAY...................... :D :D

nice shooting, those are some pretty long shots on the crows, you alwasy seem to be taking some pretty long range shots with that ppc, fuels my train of thought on a rebbarrel to .20 ppc, I got out myself with the lamp last nite and took one dog fox pretty average night called him up to about 50 yards bang, lights out.

Nice one craigyboy on that fox :D

Your thought on a 20ppc would be a great one - a very accurate number i hear!!!

As for my long shots with 6ppc - i have my misses at range like everyone else -its reducing them that i always work on :lol::)

But i love this rifle because it so very accurate :D It was accurate before and now i have a krieger 270 neck barrel it shoots a dream thanks to calums fergursons work :D I shoot regulary at extended range with this rifle and am fortunate to have access to land that lets me stretch her legs!!

When i do my job of dialing in drop and windage correctly that 6ppc and 58 v-max do theirs superbly!!!

If you are ever down in cornwall look me up and you can give her a test run at range :D :D

All the very best...................

RAY............................. :D :D

ill be sure to look you up, I know what you mean about misses, I missed three magpies on the trot last wednesday at 250-300 yards couldnt understand it, so I set up a paper target 300 yards and I was hitting the bull no problem it just seems to be a lot different when you have a live target in the scope. Those Sako's are a lovely rifle, before I bought my cooper I was for buying the laninate stainless but I wanted 204 and sako had only released these to the american market, very nice rifle. I have looked into the 20ppc and can get it done with a 26inch pac-nor for about £500, I am not sure if the reamer is tight neck though, I wouldnt mine neck turning as once you have done a case it never needs done again so it wouldnt be too much trouble. I also have some pretty good long range ground, there is a field which is overflowing with hares that can be shot safely from a tad over 500 yards, once I get a bit more experience and the hares are in season thats where ill be, there can be up to 12 seen along the banks of this field at one time.

Thanks darrel :lol: :lol: hows the varminting going with you buddy???

All the best.............

RAY................. :D;)

hi ray,

we have got a lot of trouble with crows on the maze ;)

had a few with my 17 hmr and my 22 out of the landrover, but the bloody things fly off now when they see the landrover coming :( , so i think that it is time for the ppc to come out and play ;) ,,, did have a few with my shotgun the other night ;) , then we were off rabbiting with the farmer

29-04-07_0846.jpg

Hi darrel ;) Just reach out and touch them with your 6ppc!!!

Let us know how you get on buddy...........

All the best..............

RAY...................... ;) ;)

Nice shooting again ray the way you are going you are going to wear out that barrel,nice sticker is it your own design would look good with a fox as well

Thanks foxshot ;) The sticker is from america where i am a member of the crow busters :blink: :blink:

All the best................

RAY.................. :D;)

Archived