Vizsla training

Hi guys I know a few of you have or have had Pointers, I have trained a few gun dogs but never a pointer and I have recently got a very bright little Vizsla bitch, she is now 4 months old and she has quicly learnt all the basics, and is very keen to learn, what I am after is some info on further training a pointer and there are a vast array of books on the market but as you all know there are only one or two that are really worth a read, no matter what the subject. So if any of you guys have bought or read any books or even dvd's that you would recomend I'd be very grateful.

Hi guys I know a few of you have or have had Pointers, I have trained a few gun dogs but never a pointer and I have recently got a very bright little Vizsla bitch, she is now 4 months old and she has quicly learnt all the basics, and is very keen to learn, what I am after is some info on further training a pointer and there are a vast array of books on the market but as you all know there are only one or two that are really worth a read, no matter what the subject. So if any of you guys have bought or read any books or even dvd's that you would recomend I'd be very grateful.

hey nige!! what you need is a copy of"trevs handy hints for harrased vizsal owners" as rare as j.r. hatleys book on fly fishing,but has all the awnsers to all the questions you will ever aske , like what is the best position a vizsla can get into while sunbathing! or how to look at someone and just know your getting a treat ,or how do i behave when i,m round at my "big sisters" and playing "lets muller the flowerbed!!!! see all you need and more!! :):):P:lol:

I was going to ask you Millpool but then I thought to myself do I really want a dog like yours :huh::unsure::P

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? same parents,same colour,same stunning looks,same location, a"bit "like wizzly then!!!! ,and if this bloody rain keeps comimg down they should both swim the same!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now Now! The grand parents have got involved to split you two up. Any more of that and it will be a bath and an early bed! We all Know that the parents are top notch and unbeatable they just choose to be disobediant and a pain in the ass!!! Well dad anyway!

But a differant owner ;) And you forgot to say how stupid, soppy and how cuddly yours is, why would anyone want a dog like that? :D

soppy ,yes cuddly,yes,if she is stupid then its my fault ,not hers,and i,m sorry i dont have the experince to have trained her but their you go.

soppy ,yes cuddly,yes,if she is stupid then its my fault ,not hers,and i,m sorry i dont have the experince to have trained her but their you go.

If she is the sister to my dope then she must be all of the above :lol: Willow thought it would be good fun yesterday while the tide was out she would run across the mud, but found she couldn't stop so slid on her belly for a few yards then take to her heels and jump all over me ;) Why on earth did I agree to train this nut case :D

If she is the sister to my dope then she must be all of the above :lol: Willow thought it would be good fun yesterday while the tide was out she would run across the mud, but found she couldn't stop so slid on her belly for a few yards then take to her heels and jump all over me ;) Why on earth did I agree to train this nut case :D

cause your a good bloke who likes a challange!!!! ;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived