A QUESTION FOR YOU GUNSMITHS

Is the metric thread on the action of a Sako the Same as the action on a Tikka ?

I have been told in the past that all the older models ,before the T3 and Sako 85, were all made at the same factory .

I had had a Sako 75 and a Tikka 558 years ago and apart for the recoil pad and a bit better wood you wouldnt have known the difference.

Any thoughts you Guys

Guest dasherman
Is the metric thread on the action of a Sako the Same as the action on a Tikka ?

I have been told in the past that all the older models ,before the T3 and Sako 85, were all made at the same factory .

I had had a Sako 75 and a Tikka 558 years ago and apart for the recoil pad and a bit better wood you wouldnt have known the difference.

Any thoughts you Guys

There are several different sizes of barrel threads on Sako's depending on age/model. I dont have my records here but from memory the only ones that I've found were the same were A2 and the 595/590. I have only once fitted a take off barrel back onto another model and that was a barrel from a 595 onto an A2, it headspaced ok but the writing didnt line up. Sako 75 series 1 are M24x1.5 but 75 series 3 in mag calibres are 1"x16tpi so there does not seem to be a cutoff when they changed to metric.

Cheers Neil.

Guest northernchris

Hi Neil

I have factory barrel stubs here in .22-250, .243, 6.5x55 and .270 all are 1" x 16 TPI from early and late Sako 75,s i have rebarreled.

Archived