THE FIRST LONG ONES WITH MY NEW SMOKE POLE

nemasis243

Firstly I have to post this photo of Ray who is on holiday in Wales ;)

28062008136.jpg

Anyway back to the plot took my new toy out for a walk this evening down to an old aerodrome and sat out at a vantage point where I would get a few shots out to 300yrds,

To my surprize I spotted a group of rabbits way off on a small concrete patch so I got the range finder out and pinged them 583yrds.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii20/ne...03072008144.jpg

Thats when things went tits up ;) , I went to get my new drop chart and where was it ,on the loading bench at home(what a football)

Anyway out with the mobile ,rang my niece who works in Cardiff ,a 100 miles away and is that which promotes growth and vigour hot on the old computer and had to talk her through of how to find and develope a ballistics chart,after about 10mins I got the answer I needed so dialled in the clicks and settled down behind the stock.

Sqweezed a round off and it hit the concrete an inch infront of the first bunny, the bullet must have exploded as it hit as the rabbit when I got to it was in pieces,

so I dialled in another 2clicks and waited for about 30seconds then another rabbit come out to see where his buddy had gone, ;)

BIG MISTAKE , I gently sqeezed off and the 87grn Vmax from my 6MMBR picked the bunny up and tossed it up and back about 5ft.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii20/ne...03072008138.jpg

What a dream tool this is ,to say Im pleased is an understatement ;)

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii20/ne...03072008140.jpg

Thanks To Dasherman for this baby its the dogs B********S

Dont worry Dan I got feeling that will cost me in the long run, she said I have to take her and her boyfriend out to dinner next time im up there :mad:

Well done Andy :mad: and it was a pleasure to meet you!! :):lol:

Yes it is very addictive this long range Varminting and it has you soon thinking of different calibers / load combinations to get you out there!!!

Thanks Chris ;) guess what?? i have been smiling all week , thanks to the kindnesss of these guys!! :lol:

All the best...............

RAY..................................... B):D

Well done Andy ;) and it was a pleasure to meet you!! B):D

Yes it is very addictive this long range Varminting and it has you soon thinking of different calibers / load combinations to get you out there!!!

Thanks Chris :lol: guess what?? i have been smiling all week , thanks to the kindnesss of these guys!! :D

All the best...............

RAY..................................... :lol::D

I bet you have mate and i for one am very pleased for you , and happy that dave and andy have given you such a great time, i think you will remember this trip for along time as it will always bring good memories for you . See you soon mate :)

cheers

chris :mad:

Congrats on those shots mate,you lads are lucky to be able to get regular fix's so close to you,nice bit of communcations got you there

I should have showed you in a picture that there is a huge bank with an airaid shelter in it and that is about 10ft behind the rabbit and goes up about 30ft.

Then behind that you have about half a mile of marsh land then it goes onto an old fireing range which is covered in gorse.

Archived