Into the Welsh 500yd again!!!!!

varminter

First of all , thanks to all of you for your kind replies on my Welsh Varminting holiday with Dave!!! :lol:

The weather came in very wet on the Tuesday night so we thought it would be best for me to sample the local brew!!! , we had a great evening but i think we sampled a little to much!! :lol: ...

Dave aranged for us to go down to the cliffs again for a late afternoon / evening shoot!!!

This time we was shooting from a different vantage point and the scenery was just as stunning as the other areas i have visited!!! DSCF3231.jpg

The farmers brother in law Dan had joined us on the cliffs for some Varminting , he had some cracking shots on 2 crows at 175 and 210yds and had a fantastic shot on a Magpie at 320yds with the 6BR!!! :D

As time went on we spotted a Bunnie at 510yds and Dave connected on this with his 6BR and the 87 grain V-max!!! :(

Then after a while 4 Magpies came down to feed on the Bunnie that Dave shot at 510 , so i set up for the shot , dailed in the elevation / angle of shot / windage...

I squezzed the trigger and sent the 58 V-max on her way and was rewarded with a explosion of feathers!! :D the other Magpies stayed there so i sent another on its way and hit another - so thats 2 for 2!!! guess what , the other 2 stayed there so i shot again and missed by a a hair!! never mind its still a cracking start to our session!!

A bunnie came out at 492yds so i shot that one with the 6PPC and was having a hell of a time!!!

Dave took one bunnie at 566yds and then finnished with a awesome 646yd bunnie with his 6BR!!!!! :(

Here he is with that 646yd shot..........................DSCF3233.jpg

So Dave ended the day with some great shooting with a 510 /566 and a 646 yd bunnies -- well done buddy!! ;)

Dave brought out the 6.5-284 for some shots at bunnnies at 850yds and beyond!! He was so close it was great to watch!!!

Dan stayed for while and ended his session with his 2 crows at 175 and 210 , and not forgetting that cracking shot on a magpie at 320yds -- nice one mate!! ;)

Myself i magaged to finnish on a bunnie at 522yds so that left me with a total of .. bunnies at 492 and 522yds and 2 Magpies at 510yds.....DSCF3237.jpg

Here i am in this beautiful place of the world to shoot!!!.....DSCF3227.jpg

All i can is it was a awesome Varminting seesion in a very beautiful part of the country!!!

Cant thank Dave enough for making it possable and not forgetting Andy ( Nemesis 243 ) for making it that extra special!!!!! ;)

All the best

RAY.................................... ;)

Cheers Ray for a good write up.

All I can say it was a fantastic night, for the first time this week the wind dropped off to nothing, that wonderful magic hour before dark :lol:

The bunnnies were coming out nicely and we had some good shooting.

It was great to see Ray having a great time, you know what it's like when you have a mate down for a shooting break you want everything to go well. We've still got a few days left and another trip tomorrow to see Andy. So weather permitting the Toyminator will strike again :D

The rate he's been going I'm glad he's off home Monday as ther'll be nothing left to shoot :lol:

Cheers

Dave

The Cornish Fruit Slayer Strikes Again, :lol: nice one buddy, with all that shooting a new barrel must be looming :lol:

Its a cracking spot up there isnt it,

Just hope we get the wheather for Friday,

Thanks Northenchris , having a great time!!! ;)

Thanks too martin for the best wishes!! ;)

Andy , thanks mate , hopefully see you soon!!! ;)

As for me Krieger barrel - she has only 600 rounds down her and they have beem mainly used for Varmints !!! ;);) --- ( and some deer )..................

All the best.....................

RAY................ ;):D

Is that a Taliban rebel in the Yellow T-shirt I see sneaking onto these shores?????? :lol:

And above that I see Mr. T is a shade lighter :lol:

hey nige,what the f...s he got on his head!!!! ??? :lol:

Nice one Nigel / Trevor!! ;);):lol:

Got to stop my bald patch from burning!!!!!!!!!! ;):D

Thanks and all the best lads............

RAY.............. ;):D

walk in the park shots now then Ray fantastc shooting lads the way you are shooting those longrange shots you should be seting up your own training school book me in

walk in the park shots now then Ray fantastc shooting lads the way you are shooting those longrange shots you should be seting up your own training school book me in

Hi Foxshot ,

How are you getting on with your Exbal me dear?????

As for walk in the park shots - nothing like real time experience and even then we are still learning!!!!! :wub:

Knowing your ballistic data for your rifle / load is spot on goes along way as do learning compensation for angle of shots!!! - most i usually encounter on the land i shoot is about 10 degrees , so it was revelation and great learning curve when i went up to Daves and shot on declines / inclines up to 35 degrees!!!

So there we have it!! - no substitute for real time testing and results!!! :lol: :lol:

All the best...................

RAY...................................... ;):lol:

Archived