.222 works a treat

reloaderdan

hi there guys i was running a thread in the tech section when my .222rem gave up the ghost due to lodged brass got her going now and took her to work today for a quick trial of the new 55 gr vmax. :lol:

went to my little range on the farm and put a few rounds down range to check the zero and she was shooting sweet at 100 yards so of for a quick walk round the estate to have a look about.

got to one of our wheat feilds and decided to lay up for a few bunnies at about 210 yards after about 10-15 mins out popped a bunnie from the wheat onto the sterial strip sliped the saftey and let the v max fly thud over the rabbit went well chuffed with the new load ^_^ stayed put for about 20 mins more when who should pop his head out but old charlie at about 175 yards gave him the old HEY shout he stoped in his tracks took aim bang of goes the rifle and down goes the fox. :):D

walked a little further and there were a few crows on the set aside decided to have a pop at one of them who was about 280 yards away gave him a little hold over and bang missed the bugger :D i saw the round hit about 1/2 inch low so decided to call it an afternoon and besides i was running out of break time plenty more crows to have over the next few months so no real loss but i am going to invest in exbal now after reading some of the threds on here and how it has help others to make there shot.

will be out tonight for some more varmiting and will take the camera and post some pics if i get lucky :D

regards to you all and happy hunting :D

hi there guys i was running a thread in the tech section when my .222rem gave up the ghost due to lodged brass got her going now and took her to work today for a quick trial of the new 55 gr vmax. :lol:

went to my little range on the farm and put a few rounds down range to check the zero and she was shooting sweet at 100 yards so of for a quick walk round the estate to have a look about.

got to one of our wheat feilds and decided to lay up for a few bunnies at about 210 yards after about 10-15 mins out popped a bunnie from the wheat onto the sterial strip sliped the saftey and let the v max fly thud over the rabbit went well chuffed with the new load ^_^ stayed put for about 20 mins more when who should pop his head out but old charlie at about 175 yards gave him the old HEY shout he stoped in his tracks took aim bang of goes the rifle and down goes the fox. :):D

walked a little further and there were a few crows on the set aside decided to have a pop at one of them who was about 280 yards away gave him a little hold over and bang missed the bugger :D i saw the round hit about 1/2 inch low so decided to call it an afternoon and besides i was running out of break time plenty more crows to have over the next few months so no real loss but i am going to invest in exbal now after reading some of the threds on here and how it has help others to make there shot.

will be out tonight for some more varmiting and will take the camera and post some pics if i get lucky :D

regards to you all and happy hunting :D

hi ,what loads are you using in your .222? nice read as well!!!!!

hi there millpol im using 22.0 grains of h4895 cci 400 primer and rem cases 55 gr v max a nice light round with hardley any report from the muzzel and accurate as hell mate

Good luck on your varminting session, from what we have found over the last few days Exbal is a great help.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Dave

Archived