The 500yd Wesh Rarebit!!!!!!!

varminter

Well what can i say after a fantastic start to my holiday which Dave covered in the other thread , all a can say is what a start to my holiday in Wales!!! :D

I must thank Dave again for organising my trip and Andy ( Nemesis 243 ) for orginising a cracking lunch and for lining up some longrange target / varmint and a evening of foxing with his keeper friends!!!! :P

The next day we went out for a afternoon / eveining varmint shoot!!!

We had some great shots on Magpies and Bunnies out past the 300yd mark with Dave " launching " 2 bunnies and a magpie big time!!!! :o

The wind was hovering around the 10mph mark so made shots interesting!!!! ;)

Then as the eveing wore on out came some Bunnies at the 500yd mark , i was using my Krieger barreled 6PPC and the 58 V-maxs , i had a couple of misses at the 500yd bunnies but they was sooooo close i could taste them!!!!

Then on my third shot at a Bunnie , it ranged at 501yds i dailed in the compinsation for Elevation / angle of shot at 5 degrees ( and yes it does make a diference ;) ) and for a 10mph wind!!!

I squeezed the trigger and sent another 58 V-max on her way and as rewarded with a Fooo Wooop !!!!

Happy days , now Dave and myself are in the Official Varmint hunters " 500yd club " , his with a fantastic 631yd Carrion crow and on the next day , myself with a 501yd Bunnie!!!!.......................DSCF3207.jpg

What can i say but a big thankyou to all for such a fantastic start to my holiday!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

All the best...........................

RAY............................................ :D:D

Guest varmartin

Well done Ray....and with a ppc thats only good out to 300 yards too :lol: :lol: awesome mate.

Will we see you and Dave in the VHA mag ??? who knows ??

Thanks guys!!!!! :lol:^_^

Having a fantastic time!!!! :D:D

All the best.

RAY............................... :):D

Thanks guys!!!!! :D:D

Having a fantastic time!!!! :D:D

All the best.

RAY............................... :D:D

blimey! i new a bloke called varminter once! been so long since i,ve seen him i asumed he had been banged up for something to do with sheep! and its not rustling!!!!!! :lol:^_^:):D

Hi Mate is the Bunny you wanted me to get from the Pet Shop for you ^_^:):D

Sounds like your having a ball :D , just hope we get some better wheather than forcast, Friday aint looking to bad at the mo :D ,

What have you and Dave got planned for the weekend :lol: ?

Archived