Hit the ground running.

6mmBR

Well Ray arrived Friday afternoon since then we have not stopped.

Its been amazing, we've packed so much into 2 days and acheived so much.

Yesterday we had a visit down to see Andy (Nemasis .243) which we owe him many thanks for a great time. I had a witnessed shot at a crow at 631 yards so I've got into the Varmint Hunters 500 yard club :D , then a superb nights foxing, we finnally got in at 4am :D

Today I witnessed a shot for Ray at 501 yards on a bunny :D so thats 2 of us in the 500 yard club in 24 hours :P

Just so much acheived in such a short time :D

We'll try to piece together some pictures tomorrow and put a few posts up.

Cheers all

Dave

Nice goign lads, sounds like you had a real proper weekends varminting, I will look out for the pair of ya in the back of vha mag, rays gonna be a regular at this rate in it.

nice shooting lads ..get the pics up :D

Well done guys good to see you all have had a crackin time.I wanna know more about this exbal thingy???survived a long while on drop charts/wind meter and a sod just lets have a go attitude but will be wanting to know some more soon.Ray crackin shooting on the eggs me boy! that is just mind blowing???!!!!!

Been out with Franko this weekend and on an invite from a local stalker to a piece of land that is also just mind blowing.Lived in Cornwall all my life but just never seen anything like it.We drove across one field that must have been 80 acres all on its own!! Franko[i think local guys know who he is]was busting rabbits with his steyr 223 at minimum ranges of 330 through to 480 with boring repetition!!!I was having serious problem keeping up with first shot kills with my 6br!!!and bearing in mind he was shooting little 52amax [24.5/vit133]I had to shake his hand on many occasions!!!Good to watch though.Wind was a bugger too when will it go away?From a wind that was directly behind us to the target area it changed significantly and an updraft from the deep valley that raised bullet flight considerably and a right to left that until we had sussed it really messed up the first 3/4 shots. maxium safe possibles were about 750 yards but no live targets so we practiced on 500 yds lumps of turd but I guess that dont get us in the 500yd club????officially. but who cares its just plain fun aint it Rock on!!!Onehole.

Well done Ray a bunny at 501 :lol: , 58grn( nothing smacks like a Vmax)

Its a cracking piece of ground there isnt it.

Get some more pics on here lads , see you thursday night maybe?

And definately Friday :lol:

Rays not running so fast now, he's run out of ammo after tonight :lol: I told him to bring more than 80 rounds.

Luckily my RFD mate Dave has saved the day with fresh supplies for tomorrow :lol:

Cheers

Dave

Well done guys good to see you all have had a crackin time.I wanna know more about this exbal thingy???survived a long while on drop charts/wind meter and a sod just lets have a go attitude but will be wanting to know some more soon.Ray crackin shooting on the eggs me boy! that is just mind blowing???!!!!!

Been out with Franko this weekend and on an invite from a local stalker to a piece of land that is also just mind blowing.Lived in Cornwall all my life but just never seen anything like it.We drove across one field that must have been 80 acres all on its own!! Franko[i think local guys know who he is]was busting rabbits with his steyr 223 at minimum ranges of 330 through to 480 with boring repetition!!!I was having serious problem keeping up with first shot kills with my 6br!!!and bearing in mind he was shooting little 52amax [24.5/vit133]I had to shake his hand on many occasions!!!Good to watch though.Wind was a bugger too when will it go away?From a wind that was directly behind us to the target area it changed significantly and an updraft from the deep valley that raised bullet flight considerably and a right to left that until we had sussed it really messed up the first 3/4 shots. maxium safe possibles were about 750 yards but no live targets so we practiced on 500 yds lumps of turd but I guess that dont get us in the 500yd club????officially. but who cares its just plain fun aint it Rock on!!!Onehole.

hey onehole ,do you know what the twist rate is in franco rifle??

Archived