Nightforce 8-40x56 "Custom Superb" IR scope

SOLD

This is an early Nightforce scope, I got it with a recent rifle purchase and don't need it.

Please note that I take care to describe things honestly and accurately, because to do anything else is a waste of everyone's time.

Specs (from my own measurements or looking at the writing on the scope, since I don't have any paperwork with it).

• Zoom: 8x-40x
  • Parallax/focus: Front, 7m to infinity
  • Tube diameter: 30mm
  • Overall length: 478mm
  • Weight: 968g
  • Objective lens diameter: 56mm
  • External objective diameter: 68mm
  • External eyepiece diameter: 44mm
  • Windage & elevation: Covered turrets, 1/8 MOA clicks

The glass is very good to excellent, especially given its age. There is a small 'soft' mark on the objective lens, it's not a scratch though (may even come off with alcohol; I'm not about to try), and no marks that I can see on the eyepiece.

The front parallax adjustment is solid and smooth, so is the zoom ring, and the diopter adjustment at the front of the eyepiece. The windage and elevation clicks are smooth and positive.

Externally there are some dings and scratches on the tubes (some of which a previous owner has tried to cover with a black marker pen) as well as on the turret covers and illuminated reticle knob (which are powder-coated aluminium and hence scratch easily). There are also some marks from scope rings but they are superficial. There is a very slight flat spot on the objective bell where it must have impacted on something hard but it doesn't affect anything.

The illuminated reticle appears to be called "Nitro Point" but looks to me like an NP2-DD but without the bottom dot:

NP-2-SD.jpg

The illumination works, though the knob feels a bit 'lumpy' and has bits where it becomes harder or easier to turn, however all the different brightness levels appear to work.

The scope has obviously had a "life" atop rifles but it is a testament to the Nightforce brand that the optics remain crystal clear and the clicks still feel like clockwork.

It will make a superb long distance (or FT, since it will focus down to 7m) scope for someone who wants the Nightforce name at a much lower price than their current models.... as such it's a bit of a bargain, and they don't come up very often.

Asking price is £500 ono plus £12 shipping (UK). Payment by cash, bank transfer, Bitcoin, or Paypal (but add 3.4% for Paypal to cover fees). Or collect from New Malden in Surrey.

Some photos... more on request.

nightforce-v-01.jpg

nightforce-v-02.jpg

nightforce-v-03.jpg

nightforce-v-04.jpg

nightforce-v-05.jpg

nightforce-v-06.jpg

nightforce-v-07.jpg

nightforce-v-08.jpg

These are reflections, not marks!

nightforce-v-09.jpg

nightforce-v-10.jpg