Two good nights.

bob tail

Been away to the new forrest for the last week and it was fab, but im surprised i got there mind cos i travelled up on friday the 13th, and the missis wasn't best pleased cos me and ray (aka varminter) went bunnie popping on the thursday night instead of me being at home packing for the trip :angry: and returned home at about 1 in the morning so as you can imagine i was not a welcome sight for her to see at that time of night .

But somethings have a priority and the mission was on, picked ray up at about 7pm and we headed off, we got to the farm within 20mins and the evening began with ray and his 17hmr knocking them down like a mad man , no bunnie was safe. An hour before dark the farmers two sons joined us and travelled around with us watching and having a great time which by now their were several bunnies in the bag,and as the light started to fade we got out the lamp to keep the evening going.

At about 11.45pm we drove into a particular field which has alot of bunnies in it, and as we were driving down the field we noticed someone walking down the field towards us, so we unloaded the rifle and made it safe i got the dog out to pick up a bunnie when a middle aged gentleman came up to me and ordered me to leave the area . My first reaction was to reply with the answer no and then to follow up with the fact that we had full permission to be there and that we were doing a job for the farmer and that the farmers boys were with us , to which he replied that he didn't care who was with us he wanted us off the land.

At this point i walked away before i said something i shouldn't of and took care of my dog and the bunnie she was retrieving for me , when i finished with the dog i put her in the truck and closed the door and walked around to the drivers door opened it and got in . By this time the man in question was chewing on rays ear saying it was not right for us to be their at that time of the night and we should come when we could get a better chance of getting the bunnies, but when we told him we had a succesful night with thirty bunnies he went rather quiet. Anyway after about five or ten mins he buggered off which was a relief cos i was getting fed up listening to him waffling on and was anoyed because it wasn't his land anyway.

So we moved off to the other side of the farm to keep the peace for awhile and to see if we could catch up with our ginger friend and to see if he wanted to come out to play. We were in luck , as we drove down the field towards the river and the woods i gave the hedge a quick blip with the lamp and guess who was waiting for us, at about 200 yrds he was sitting under an elder bush counting his lucky stars when his luck ran out. The 6mm ppc does it again and theirs one happy chap sitting on the back of my truck with a big grin on his face, ray had done it again with his new ppc an absolute cracker.

Well that was it for us and we called it a night with 30 bunnies in the bag and a nice fox in the same place as the last one we were very happy, thanks ray for another great night,

And to finish off we went out last night and had fifteen bunnies and another fox , i love this time of year. cheers all. :D

pic from the 13th,

2008_11140006.jpg

and pic from last night ,

2008_06230006.jpgDSCF3185.jpg

Excellent going you two. I hope I've got enough bunnies to keep Ray going ;)

As far as that chap is concerned you did the right thing. He sounded a bit of a Victor Meldrew.

Cheers

Dave

Excellent going you two. I hope I've got enough bunnies to keep Ray going :P

As far as that chap is concerned you did the right thing. He sounded a bit of a Victor Meldrew.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks dave, we was talking about you and andy last night and i don't think you need to worry about him having enough rabbits to shoot with you he's just looking forward to seeing you both and enjoying the experience and i know he can't wait to get up their cos he's like a five year old with a new toy at the moment, god knows what he will be like when he gets back. And i think your right about Victor Meldrew what a pain in the back side he was, but it could of been worse i suppose.

Thanks. ;)

Hi Buddy ,

A cracking writeup!! ( you are getting the hang of it now ;) ) , thoroughly enjoyed it!!!!! ;) ;)

No need to thank me either mate because its always a pleasure to shoot with you guys!!!!! :D;)

As for matey - he cant help having a toffee stuck up his arse!!!!!!! :P:o:D

All the best...................

RAY.......................................

Congrats to you and Ray two good nights shame the old buger interupted it but you do get idiots like that

Congrats to you and Ray two good nights shame the old buger interupted it but you do get idiots like that

Thanks Foxshot!!!! ;):P

It does not happen very often when hunting ( fortunately ) but when it does its best to unload and make safe / put firearm away / and be polite / then do as we did - go away from the field and start afresh in the next field out the way!!!!

Like Chris says , good job the farmers sons was with us so they can tell the father what happened so he can advise us further!!!

All the best...................

RAY..................................... :D:o

Archived