Saturday picked up new scope 5x25-56 S.B from York Guns. My Rifle is a Sako 85 Varmint I bought a set of Optilock rings phosphated but they don't look very nice is there any better rings to fit a Sako they have to be 34mm or would I be better with a Picatinny rail.If so what make please to fit a Sako.

The optilock rings are some of the best, you can get polished blues as well as stainless, but the phosphated are fine and resist rusting a little better there is always the choice to have rifle and rings duracoated by Kaleiderscope on here in various colours etc.

Redfox-

The optilock rings are some of the best, you can get polished blues as well as stainless, but the phosphated are fine and resist rusting a little better there is always the choice to have rifle and rings duracoated by Kaleiderscope on here in various colours etc.

Redfox-

Thanks Redfox

Saturday picked up new scope 5x25-56 S.B from York Guns. My Rifle is a Sako 85 Varmint I bought a set of Optilock rings phosphated but they don't look very nice is there any better rings to fit a Sako they have to be 34mm or would I be better with a Picatinny rail.If so what make please to fit a Sako.

i switched to warne about ten years ago after the optilock came loose no me a few times i must know 15-20 sako tikka users hear we all use warne regards john

I have 8 sets of optilock and have never had them come loose or know anyone else that has. The Warne rings are far and away not the best design and I have had a set of those come loose, they also damage the scope as well. Like most things there is a right and a wrong way to use them , in this case tighten them.

Sako make some of the best factory rifles in the world and their accessories whilst not always cheap are well made, the Burris "Signature Series" ring are a dead copy of the Optilock, not surprising as they also belong to Beretta as well, I have 3 sets of those and they dont come loose either.

Redfox

Archived