wildcat evelution moderator

good evening,i had a very pleasant day with alison and one of their engineers at uk custom shop limited, i had not seen a wildcat evolution moderator and had heard that they were very good, after being shown the workings etc i purchased a .243 cal specific moderator for a new rifle .tomorrow i will be testing both and as the moderator is nice and light will take a walk around and see if i get lucky,looking for a fallow pricket for the estate bbq.the moderator looks as it will last ,and if something does go wrong it is modular so only need to replace the damaged part,un like my 6 year old t8 was a very good moderator but far too heavy for my needs.

• 2 weeks later...

good afternoon .don't worry about painting it you don't look into that end and animals only see in black and white so nothing to worry about :D

There isn't unanimity about colour vision in deer-I remember discussions with my then academic coleagues on such issues,and they were experts in the role of vision in behavioural ecology.

You may disagree,but since you are on the look out for a fallow for a BBQ,you might be interested in this:

"Colour Vision in Fallow deer" Bergerson et al,Animal Behaviour Feb 2001 vol 61(2) pp 367-371: their findings were that Fallow deer have some colour vision,and can discriminate gree from matched brightness grey in a discrimination task (choosing right one gets rewarded).

Murphy (google...What do deer see) claimed that there was evidence that deer lack the red sensitive colour cone cells in the retina,but have the other two,blue and green-which fits with Bergerson's 'green' result. Deer may well be red-green colour blind,as are some men.

But best not to wear much blue when stalking !

Note this kind of well controled research shows how the 'I waved a red hankerchief and the deer didn't run' kind of 'finding' really is believeable (deer may well be red -green blind) but by no means proves deer see only in black and white.

Just supporting academic reserarch,once my game; it often delivers above apparently common sense.

Good luck and eating!

gbal

Archived