garden fox

bruxie hill

hi everyone what a weekend

started with clays with auquhollie and a mate then a case of (do you fancy a stalk ) to right see you after we get the kids in bed . so off we went to one of ads permission perfect night sunny and little wind had a glass around no sign of anything so of we went .

with both of adams gun in need of a doctor we only had my remmy 22-250 so we set of and found our selfs sitting at a big pile of stones glassing a big moorland spotted a few does then out poped an old buck hello he worked his way in to our ground about 240 yards away ads said to me to belly crawl in to him i said why i am more than happy where i was . take the shot when you are happy was the reply boom i sent of a 55 grain pill perfect boiler shot. had another glass about still all the does in the same place the t8 reflex just ace

so i went of on my own to gallach him while i was there i heard a small crack as ads decked another buck about 375 yards out so 1 each perfect night so we packed up then home we went .

when i got home i saw a set of eyes charlie so lights out load up remmy stuck it out the passenger window lights on stupid cub was about 80 yards away another one for the tally sheet.

got up the next day did my usual jobs about the farm and phoned my shoot captain arthur to tell him about the night before when all of a sudden my dog bumped a male dog fox out fromk the bottom of my garden

you dirty bas--rd i thought as he ran along the bottom fence then up the end fence to the other corner and then off in to the trees c--t i thought if only i had my gun he would be history

well to wifes and my amazment the stupid little so and so jumped out of the trees and looked at us so i said to arthur phone you back ran to the house got my baby out of the gun safe throw a single round in her and lay down on the garden slabs 250 yards + another perfect shot

so all in all a great weekend and to top it all off me auquhollie and andrew are just back from continental shooting in ayrshire with a new 700 vssf 11 in 22-250 for andrew a nightforce for auquhollie and a set of ear defenders for me life just does not get any better

all the best and thanks for reading my post bruxie

shooting a deer at 375 yrds well done i say . ;)

• 2 weeks later...

WAsnt a breath of wind that night though and the Exbal is bang on :lol:. Wasnt brave enough for the neck shot though :rolleyes:

Ads

Nice going :rolleyes:

Just getting to grips with Exbal myself, I think its going to turn out to be very useful especially shooting down at some of the angles I've got on the land I shoot.

Cheers

Dave

Archived