well its that time of year again

Funky Bunch

Guest wireviz

[To early for foxes at least you could have used some excuse of there are lambs getting took. Let the cubs get up a bit and become sport no just sad targets.

ps nice rifle looks like the painter forgot to throw a SHEET over it when rolling the cei :) ling

This is just a suggestion F.B...That first pic of the fox with the exit wound the size of a dinner plate isnt the sort of thing I and possably others dont need to see before breakfast...Maybe you could flip the fox over and take the pic with the entery wound showing next time...(its just a suggestion mate..Im not giving out at all)

Well done though..Im mad to get out amoungst them myself.Same deal here with the silage being cut so this weekend looks good..

Here we go again - i thought this was a varminting /shooting site. :rolleyes:

we are not a load of tree huggers or antis, so photo's like those above will be seen from time to time on here ;)

i have said it before and no dought i will say it again - we shoot stuff with big guns and it sometimes makes a mess. :blink:

Here we go again - i thought this was a varminting /shooting site. :rolleyes:

we are not a load of tree huggers or antis, so photo's like those above will be seen from time to time on here ;)

i have said it before and no dought i will say it again - we shoot stuff with big guns and it sometimes makes a mess. ;)

couldnt agree more if you dont like it dont look. :blink:

keep em coming pete :P

Guest wireviz

[i am with Dwight on this one but i would go one step further why would you put cubs up at all the emotion of none hunters is never more active than when it is helpless babies being killed. Don't mind the holes thought it shows they died quicker than a vet could put them to sleep with a syringe. B)

helpless babies being killed.

Those helpless babies as you call them, grow up to become a very efficiant killing machine - better to deal with them now than later in the year when they have eaten half the pheasants from one of your woods or taken the farmers Lambs ( who has probably given you permission to shoot on his land).

i know it seems a cruel thing to do shooting young cubs, but they are easier to sort out at this time of year.

As you say esier now than when they are taking lambs, I don't enjoy taking cubs but at the size they are now they are out on there own and starting to fend for themselve. I have a 900 acre sheep farm and the farmer want's rid of them, it's a no brainer you do the job or the farmer will get someone that will, 900 acres is a big play ground for a guy who enjoys shooting so you have to play ball, like it or not.

Guest wireviz

Some times you lot talk piss B) Them helpless babies are what they are what they become will depend on a lot areas to move out into availability of food etc. .NOW IF YOU REALLY NEW YOUR FOX CONTROL , you would know that it don't mater how many you shoot at this time of year the void will be filled up by foxes from other areas. The only real effective time is when they have settled in an area for breeding that would make it Nov to DEC.

With regards trying to justify shooting baby cubs there is in my opinion none other than pleasure and self gratification. :lol:

I have thousands of acres of sheep ground and some pour bastards have even been out with me walking bits of it and all the farmers i deal with know when the best times are to remove foxes and don't even give them a second glance at this time of year.

You also talk a lot of shite Wireviz ( then again you talk a lot of sense too) - Normaly you take out a Vixen and litter of say 4 cubs and then as you say some will move back in, but not 5 on the same patch ( you may get 1 and in some places maybe 2) - so that means there are less mouths to feed and less of your stock going missing whether it be Lambs early in the year or Pheasants, partridge or chickens ETC the rest of the year IMHO anyway.

Some times you lot talk piss :rolleyes: Them helpless babies are what they are what they become will depend on a lot areas to move out into availability of food etc. .NOW IF YOU REALLY NEW YOUR FOX CONTROL , you would know that it don't mater how many you shoot at this time of year the void will be filled up by foxes from other areas. The only real effective time is when they have settled in an area for breeding that would make it Nov to DEC.

With regards trying to justify shooting baby cubs there is in my opinion none other than pleasure and self gratification. ;)

I have thousands of acres of sheep ground and some pour bastards have even been out with me walking bits of it and all the farmers i deal with know when the best times are to remove foxes and don't even give them a second glance at this time of year.

I'll tell our headkeeper that I've only got to shoot toby from Nov. to Dec. because the rest of the year they don't do harm and they're lovely little cuddly creatures and they only eat worms and snails. :D

When you've collected up a couple of hundred dead poults because a branch has blew down and knackered the 'leccy fence it tends to give you a different opinion.

As for the repeat posting of piccies of dead cubs, it just seems a bit sad as we all know what they look like, or is it a case of "look how many fox I've shot".

Hi Menial 1,

Im with you on the fox control front, yes they may well be cute and cuddly, but hungry cubs soon learn that poults are an easy meal, so better to deal with the cubs as soon as they are above ground, not when they are visiting your pheasant pen.

Cheers..........

Keith..............

Guest wireviz

Shot through the head for eating tree or potentially eating trees when it grows up :D

blackandwhite.jpg

i have put the picture up in BW so the colour red dose not offend :lol:

Funky i have seen lots of dead cubs why see more. I DO AGREE IF YOU GOT BIRDS TO PROTECT THEN TO GO AT THE FOXES EARLY LETS SAY TWO WEEKS BEFORE THEY ARE REALEASED. WITH REGARDS THE PEN FALLING DOWN THATS JUST A CASE OF BAD DIY :lol: May be instead of bullets and powder a saw a hammer and nails would be better. :o

Guest wireviz

your RIGHT THE AMOUNT OF DEAD DEER SHOWN ON THE SITES WAS GETTING OUT OF ORDER ALSO BUT FROM MY POINT THEY WERE ALL CLASSED AS ADULTS :D Now i stop shooting does last days in Feb My choice of coarse. Foxes i start in september it is my terrier man History you see .I hope you are not trying to create confrontation Pete as my coast on a shaky nail as it is.

But to save pheasants that are to be kicked up of the flour to be shot by some fat chap with a big wallet is in my opinion real sad . The fox is a true wild animal and deserves respect and i for one would back a close season on them. :o

your RIGHT THE AMOUNT OF DEAD DEER SHOWN ON THE SITES WAS GETTING OUT OF ORDER ALSO BUT FROM MY POINT THEY WERE ALL CLASSED AS ADULTS :D Now i stop shooting does last days in Feb My choice of coarse. Foxes i start in september it is my terrier man History you see .I hope you are not trying to create confrontation Pete as my coast on a shaky nail as it is.

But to save pheasants that are to be kicked up of the flour to be shot by some fat chap with a big wallet is in my opinion real sad . The fox is a true wild animal and deserves respect and i for one would back a close season on them. :)

You have your own self imposed close season on them if that's your choice. A lot of working class boys shoot fezzers nowadays not just the landed gentry.

My mate took the keepers job at the Duke of Northumberlands estate in Surrey in March and since his arrival has shot 87 fox, you tell me what state his ground would be in if he was to wait till autumn to begin cutting down on their numbers.

As far as I'm aware fox are still classed as pests and for some of us if they show they go regardless of time of year.

dont look then,its as simple as that :) maybe next you will be complaining about people posting photos of a deer,

I put a lot of holes in fur and feather throughout the year and it's never once occurred to me that I'd need a picture to jog my memory as to what death looks like.

I occassionally take people out out to watch or film fox and cubs but only on the understanding that I'm going to exterminate them after they've had a look . You post as many pics of mullered fox as you like if that's what gives you the horn. Personally I've never been squeamish at the the sight of claret.

I just find another photo of another dead animal boring and repetitive and it's just an opinion not a criticism .

1 out of two "friendly little cubs" trying to get into the duck pen, I would have had the other one with the 17rem but my mate shone the light into the back of the scope and I couldnt see a thing :) , distance with the lazer rf was 187 yds so quite happy with that, never saw an adult fox around though.

Depends where and what really, I agree, at this time I only shoot the trouble makers and leave the others til later, but there have already been half a dozen ducks disappear and the farmer doesnt want to lose any more.

He now thinks I'm a descendant of Annie Oakley as we went back to the farm and there was a fat rabbit in the middle of his wifes salad patch and I managed to shoot it with the rimmy , left handed, over my right shoulder out of the truck. Brought on cups of tea and a piece of homemade meat pie from his wife :D , the rabbit will be in the next one. :D

Redfox

Archived