a good evening on the bunnies

bob tail

Hello :D

Just wanted to say thanks to ray (varminter) aka " the toyminator" for helping me with a bunnie problem on a farm that has a problem with them. I picked ray up at seven "o"clock yesterday evening and off we drove for ten min's to the farm. The first field their was nothing but in the second field it produced four very nice hundred and twenty'ish yard bunnies which was a nice start to the evening , one after the other they dropped to ray's seventeen hmr, and may i say thats a cracking round for the bunnies. We both missed a few, me more than him may i say but that wasn't a worry because their there for next time.

The evening carried on as expected with a nice flow of bunnies all night and to keep the evening interesting ray brought along his new ppc (for pleasure purposes only you understand) , and im glad he did bring it along too because it was needed later on in the evening.

After the sun went down we got the lamp out and put that to good use to help fill the bag, and my poor little cocker spaniel was doing a great job all night picking up. We covered the farm once and on the second time around we spotted a nice pair of cubs wondering around a freshly cut field at about two hundred yards. Without fail ray got the job done on the first cub and he dropped like a rock, the second cub wouldn't stand still and when he did ray missed. but thanks to the ppc we had one cub in the bag.

Come the end of the night we ended up with thirty five bunnies in the bag and a cub so it wasn't to bad after all, and in the three times only that we have been to this farm we have managed to take off about a hundred rabbits so we were both happy with the result at the end of the evening.

So anyway, thanks ray for your help , spoke too geoff the farmer and he's delighted and is happy'ish about the fox because he got a problem with a chicken fancier at the moment so another visit maybe required soon i think mate.

I'm sure you lot will get to see the pic's later when ray puts his post up.

cheers :D

Hi buddy ,

It was pleasure mate and a good writeup too!!!! :D :D

So heres the picture you have asked for........................DSCF3158.jpgDSCF3169.jpg

Good to hear that the farmer is happy as well as us with the results.............

All the best....................

RAY.............................. ;):D

Nice bit of fun there mate :D Is that a black rabbit or something else laying there :D

No your correct that is a black rabbit and theirs loads of them in the area and they are well established too,enjoyed your write up too made me chuckle :D

We did have a cracking evening :D . Ray, nice pic's mate did they all come out ok? hope you weren't late for work mate.

No but blooming knackered though!!!!

Worth it though matey!!!!

Just added another photo to previous post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes here is my new ( to me ) toy!!! Sako A1 custom / mcmillan stock / border 22 inch 1 in 12 twist barrel chambered in a 270 neck 6PPC!!!DSCF3097.jpg

All the best..................

RAY............................... :D :D

Good going lads an impressive bag.

Looks like the bugs bit there Bob Tail :D

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave!!!!! :D :D

Was a great evening out!!!!!

Oh yes - i just added a photo of me new toy that i christened last night!!!!!!!!!! :D

RAY..................................... :D;)

Good going lads an impressive bag.

Looks like the bugs bit there Bob Tail :D

Cheers

Dave

At the moment the bug is nibbling at me dave and its a pain in the arse because i can't do anything to stop it :D:D:D and its great init :D .

cheers ;)

Cracking evening lads, your gonna' have to get yourself a gun now you have the bug, go on spend your money you know you want to :D

Thanks Nigel!!!! ;):D

Thats the problem , once you get one - you want another - then another - then another!!!! :D :D

All the best...................

RAY................................... :lol::D

Is this the toy your bringing on Holiday , Very Nice :P:P

Thankyou buddy!!!!

No , this one is in her infancy so i shall be bringing my Krieger barreled Sako 6PPC up!!!!! :P :P

I shall probably need all the help i can get to keep up with you fellas!!!! :D;)

RAY................................... :D;)

Very nice result lads sounds like you had a blast ,looks like a nice bit of kit you got there RAY hope you have lots of fun with it,once the bug bites bob tail ther is no turning back

At the moment the bug is nibbling at me dave and its a pain in the arse because i can't do anything to stop it :P:P;) and its great init :D .

cheers ;)

All itches have got to get scratched :P:D

Cheers

Dave

ps that rifle looks sweet Ray :P

Hi Dave / foxshot!!!

Thanks for comments!!!! :P :P

Its early days yet for the Sako A1 , but i just loaded some 58 v-max in her with the fire forming loads and she loves them too!!! ;):P

Off to work now...................................

All the best................

RAY......................................... :P;)

Thanks Nigel!!!! ;) ;)

Thats the problem , once you get one - you want another - then another - then another!!!! :P :P

All the best...................

RAY................................... :D:P

He needs to get at least one before he can get that feeling pard. If you have a gun safe you might as well fill it :P I got room for one more :D

Archived