tikka ejector button stuck

Hey all. A friend has come to me with a bolt on a tikka t3 light. He has been home loading and overcharged a case. After firing he said the primer fell out in his hand and the small button on the bolt face is now stuck down.

I've stripped the bolt for him and had a good look down . But for the life of me I can't see anything or any way I can push the button back out from behind ( the shroud end).

Is the a way of getting this out?

The rifle still extracts the fired / unfired cases properly but won't fling them out.

Any help would be great .cheers

There will be a small shard of brass stuck in the hole with the ejector. Punch out the roll pin that holds the ejector in and try tapping the ejector gently with a small punch. Do not drive it right back. If gentle taps do not shift it try rapping the bolt hard onto a wood block. Another thing to try is spraying it with WD40 then blowing it out with an airline. You might have to repeat this several times. Never had one that would not come out eventually by these methods.

Ok thanks chaps. I've Google it to death. There are no videos online. Or videos showing extractor removal. I've also tried firing the air rifle up through and soaking in copper solvent overnight. I'll try the tapping thing next.

Cheers for quick replys

Archived