What a way to die

charly hunter

I had a phone call this morning from a farmers wife, to say that she was followed in the drive this morning by a very sick looking fox, so off I goes and as the farm fields are full of hay the only place I might be lucky enough to see a fox would be from my high seat. Well it was a lovely day and a sit about in the high seat for a few hours wouldn't be the hardest job I have done ;). Well a few rabbits were shot over the hedge on the next farm out to 200 yds but no sign of the sick fox, well after 4 hours and a numb bum I thought I'd make my way back to the truck, just 12 yds from my truck and I cam across this vixen, and no bullet was needed the mange had done it's worst, poor thing.

badmange003rp1.jpg

It's unfortunate that she couldn't have been culled earlier. Nasty disease mange. I'm a sheep farmer and a few other farmers I know would be delighted to see it around here. Not if I see it first. Nothing deserves a slow painful death.

Good to hear you had a good outing Nigel!!! :):P

Just sorry to hear that the fox died in such a horrible way - shame it did show up sooner so you could stop its suffering!!!

All the best....................

RAY..................................... :D :D

There would of been no suffering if I had seen her sooner :)

I know where you are coming from Nigel!!!! :P

All the best................

RAY........................... :D :D

Archived