"out with my 17 hmr!!!"

foxing2night

hi gents,

Seeing as i am always out with my 6mm ppc??? i thought that i would go for a nice walk with my annie 17 hmr???? as she has not been out for a few weeks :lol::lol:

now to say that this calibre never fails to amaze me would be an understatement :blink: ,

the farm has got three little fields that have only had the cows on for a long time??

there is a little bank all the way round ,with bushes and nettle clumps all over the place ??.

one field is a bit higher than the others and makes for a good place to lie in wait????.

8 rabbits later and i got bored and whent for a walk??? now 26 rabbits and i was on my way back to the first field to lie in wait?? and jam doughnut me a fox was looking at me over a bank??? now the farmers cat jump up out of a bush and this fox cub bloody ran off???? :lol: (just my luck!!!!)

so back to my sniping point!!!! and nock off a few more rabbits??? anyway i spotted the cub sitting on a bank about 130 yrds?? pulled the trigger and click!!!! nothing,,,, reloaded,,, as one round did not go off??? that was one lucky cub????? nexted thing he was back on the bank???? not so lucky this time???, i put the cross hairs on his shoulder and wack!!!!!!!!

what a night

04-06-07_2118.jpg

04-06-07_2154.jpg

all the best f2n :lol:

lools like you had a good evenings fun, good going. Was out myself but didnt even fire a shot.

nice night indeed f2n and a tidy looking set up , my dad is well chufed with his 17 but has has been having a few missfires recently puts it down to the batch of bullets he purchaced

Nice one darrel :P :P Looks like had a really good time!!

I like the 17 HMR very much too ;) ;)

All the best my mate...........

RAY................. :D;)

hi all ,

i was also out the other night with my annie 17, ive been using her for about 6 months now and very impressed, i was on the golf course and there appears to be loads of rabbits about at the moment, well in just a couple of hours i had bagged 20 not bad for me as my average has been about 7, its was getting very dark and noticed 5 rabbits about 150 yards away quick look through the binos and could see them running about just then i saw a two foxes running from the course into the long grass trying to snatch a rabbit considered taking the shot but it wasnt safe, there is always another time. very impressed with the round when the air is nice and still.

regards

spitfire :P

Archived