This eve'ins efforts!

shrek

After my mother said to me thismorning a dead lamb had been moved and split in two since first light when she walked past it first, i though a session sittin out would be handy! However the half devoured lamb was sitting in an area of the farm where it can only be seen from one point, that being 300 yards away on top of a hill, i sat on top of the hill in the truck pissin about with the rangefinder and no more than a 5 minute wait theres a fox!.... As usual rafle was still on the back seat and bullets still in the box, so i was rushing to get everythin sorted, worked out my drops but didnt bother dialing them in (big mistake!) lined up on the fox..... crack, bit puff of grass infront of her and she bolted. (Note to self dial in the scope instead of trying to hold over)

I waited and to my amazment 2 cubs appeared about 2 minutes after the shot, i didnt even know there was cubs on the farm! so i felt like a propper tool missing the vixen! However she hadnt staterd calling the cubs and i was using a modded rifle, so i waited. pactience pays off, just like waiting for a good guiness! She poped her head out of the long grass about 270 yards away on the other side of the field, no getting it wrong now and she was down!

Now back to the cubs, this time i dialed in the scope, cub appeared crack.... one dead cub and 310 yards. The second one scarpered and so thats the target for tomorrow night! All in all quite chuffed with myself and my 6BR that just seems to keep getting better!!

P6040488.jpg

Well done mate, good effort.

Its this time of year that foxing goes up a level. :o

Ads...

Well done pard, found a den of cubs myself yesterday problem is they are tucked away in the corner where the only dead spot in the whole field is, so I have no vantage point, clever fox, guess I will just have to wait until they start moving out farther and hope they come up over the ridge and not go down the gully :o:D

Guest wireviz

[i thought we were late to lamb up here mate but hey thats got to be the lastest lamb killer i have heard of. Nice shooting shame it had to be cubs and vixen not the hardest of quarrie at this time of year. PS THAT GUN LEAVES ONE HELL OF A HOLE :o

Nice one buddy :) that cub has been living well by the looks of him, just been contacted by another chicken farmer who hasent let anyone shoot there for a few years so I might have a bit of fun the weekend ;)

Nice one buddy :) that cub has been living well by the looks of him, just been contacted by another chicken farmer who hasent let anyone shoot there for a few years so I might have a bit of fun the weekend ;)

Keep us informed ;) as long as the Mrs doesn't have anything planned :P

Dave

[i thought we were late to lamb up here mate but hey thats got to be the lastest lamb killer i have heard of. Nice shooting shame it had to be cubs and vixen not the hardest of quarrie at this time of year. PS THAT GUN LEAVES ONE HELL OF A HOLE :)

6mm VMax and the like do make a good mess, not much market for the skins these days is there?.

A

Looking forward to hearing about it! and Dave i agree the 6BR love the 87gr VMax, you know what... i love the 87gr VMax :) hahaha

;):P;)

So do I their awesome.

Dave

Cheers for the replies lads, just to inform anyone whos interested the second cub i saw with the one that i shot i picked up yesterday as it was layin dead outsite the hole, on further inspection it gained a hefty lump of bullet frag from the VMax that killed his brother. However there was still lamb carcasses being moved about???? so last nite i sat out again only to reveal another two cubs milling about outside the hole, thankfully ambushed them this afternoon. No photos however bacuase as nemasis243 stated on another thread ballistic tips and fox cubs dont make for very appealing photos. However glad to say that thats the lot cleared out of my farm (for now)!

Worth the effort and job well done.

I was out with Nemasis last night and have to agree 87 Vmax and cubs are not a good combination for photo's :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave

Archived