Andre Georgescu fox whistle

JohnGalway

Evening folks,

Right, after a long time debating whether to get one or not it arrived this morning. Followed the instructions as per the booklet, exhale, do not blow. Guess what, it sounded just like... me, exhaling :D Problem solving time. Fairly sure the trouble was the extra air escaping either side of the whistle. So, I put my thumb and forefinger on either cheek and pushed in, then exhaled. Aha! It works.

A LOT more testing and practice needed.

Has anyone else here got one, used it successfully, or threw it in the bin?

All the best,

John :P

Evening folks,

Right, after a long time debating whether to get one or not it arrived this morning. Followed the instructions as per the booklet, exhale, do not blow. Guess what, it sounded just like... me, exhaling :D Problem solving time. Fairly sure the trouble was the extra air escaping either side of the whistle. So, I put my thumb and forefinger on either cheek and pushed in, then exhaled. Aha! It works.

A LOT more testing and practice needed.

Has anyone else here got one, used it successfully, or threw it in the bin?

All the best,

John :P

Hi John,

Good to see that you are still after the foxes.

The whistle takes a bit of getting used to eh ! Mine nearly went in the bin but then I got the hang of it. When out foxing my mate doesn't like it - it hurts his ears it's so loud - that's me on the whistle and him next to me.

I find it good for cutting through wind when some whistles won't carry.

I recall TT doing a few drawings on how to use the whistle - they got me on track - I'll try and find the link.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...istle&st=15

yikes, three years ago !

Worth mastering to have another sound to use.

Cheers

Andy

Cheers lads, especially Andy for dredging Tommys old post up, and to the man himself :o I just tried it that way and whoa got some volume from it.

Now, another question. I am finding, so far, I need to use one hand to hold it in my mouth. Do the rest of you use it one handed or can you use it hands free?

Yep got one of these many years ago from a mate in Auz, it took a while to master and works OK , I still prefer to use the wam or olt bar or my hand :o .

But it is one of those calls that will work when nothing else will.

I felt it was a little big for what it was so I made a smaller version which seems to do the job a little better.

If it brings a Charlie into range well its got to be money well spent :D

If it brings a Charlie into range well its got to be money well spent :D

That's what I figure too :o I have lots of calls, most I'm still trying to get the sounds right. Difficult to practice seeing as I get kicked out of the house each time I try lol. Digital caller is great but I'd like to be able to call this way too.

Cheers lads, especially Andy for dredging Tommys old post up, and to the man himself :) I just tried it that way and whoa got some volume from it.

Now, another question. I am finding, so far, I need to use one hand to hold it in my mouth. Do the rest of you use it one handed or can you use it hands free?

Drove my missus nuts when I first got mine a few years back, but persevered and in windy conditions it has tremendous volume. You can get lower and higher pitch depending on which way up you put it in mouth.

I keep mine in my mouth whilst I'm making the shot as once you get used to it you can vary the call and volume as you're looking through the scope.

Made one mistake with it one night and spat it out when making my shot . The resulting tinkle as it hit the receiver made Toby bolt.

I'll be in S.W.Kerry the first two weeks in September, maybe we could meet up and compare notes [ no pun intended ].

Regards Pete.

Great call, I made my own a while ago now, and although it is not the same tone as the fox whistle I have had foxes come in from a long way. This whistle was talked about on the old site and I did say I would make a few for some of you, well illness took over so they never got done and for that I am sorry lads, I don't like letting folks down but sometimes things are just out of our control, and it's been so long now I had forgotten about it until I read this post.

Keep playing with it, it is a very versatile whistle once mastered.

Drove my missus nuts when I first got mine a few years back, but persevered and in windy conditions it has tremendous volume. You can get lower and higher pitch depending on which way up you put it in mouth.

I keep mine in my mouth whilst I'm making the shot as once you get used to it you can vary the call and volume as you're looking through the scope.

Made one mistake with it one night and spat it out when making my shot . The resulting tinkle as it hit the receiver made Toby bolt.

I'll be in S.W.Kerry the first two weeks in September, maybe we could meet up and compare notes [ no pun intended ].

Regards Pete.

Hi Pete, will you be staying in Kerry all that time or venturing farther afield? It's quite a ways from me. It would be good to meet up though if it's possible ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy I bought a fox whistle 3 days ago still a lot of practise required. At the moment it sounds like a cross between a fart and a squeak throug spit. I tried looking for TT on pigeonwatch but they seem to have deleted the page. Can you help? Thanks Eric.

Archived