Fox Info Wanted Please

Guest luckyjohn99

Guest luckyjohn99

I have some land to shoot a mates farm he has a fox problem. I have been there now 8 times and not seen one. I need some expert advise on what i'm doing wrong or is it a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. i have a FOXGO FX3 MODEL i use the chicken call but not sure on how often to use it or the lamp. I arrive about 2 hours before dark and leave an hour after but nothing any help please..should i bait up using rabbits there is like left over birds in the field pheasents i think ...john

John.

Sometimes fox's can be rather foolish time keepers, have you asked your land owner what times he's seeing them?? as a lay up half an hour before their seen time can pay out. Also this time of year a cub call may also be of use... I've seen the buggers turn up at the oddest times of the day, but persistance will pay in the end.

Get yourself a load of mackerel, place it in a hedge where you have a good vantage point of, leave it there late afternoon and and then sneak back to it about an hour or so before dark and wait patiently :D Alternitively wrap the fish in an old bit of chicken wire and stake it on a couple metres of rope so the fox will spend ages with it trying to get the goodies out, the more foxie plays with it the more little bits will fall out, a good way to spend a few hours in a hide ;)

Archived