another call out

foxshot

Received another request from a lady land owner to rid the area of another fox (this is the same farm i shot a dog fox last month ) ,this one had been seen in her neighbours garden on several ocasions first thing in the morning she beleives they were feeding it,now from what i have heard i am lucky to get permision of this lady owner as she has a reputation of being quite strict and has chased several people requesting permision but i was recomended by another local farmer so i think this helped, anyhow the area is realy a no no for lamping as it is on the edge of a town and a main road runs along side of it plus there are quite a few houses surounding the fields,this small gill is the safest area to shoot so i guess it will be an early morning or late evening area

picture031rm5.jpga few rabbits on the aproach to the area

picture032lu0.jpg

,this gill has a large amount of rabbits considering the area i live in unfortunatley she said she wants them left alone which is a shame as there is potential for some 300 + shots but got to respect her wishes,

The wind was fair blowing down this area so it was a case of trying to find the best shooting position and once again rangeing the area, the furthest shot would have been 235 yds,

picture033ud2.jpgthis is a view from the shooting position

time to settle down and wait,i dont know how long it was but eventualy the familiar colour of a fox apeared just to the left of the scope on the pic after geting it in the scope i could see it was a vixen i waited for a while to see if any cubs would show as it wasnt botherd one bit she was jumping about i guess for mice then it looked like she was heading back to cover so it was time to send the little 50 gr on its way and down she went,it was a good hour before dark so i waited to see if the cubs would show up,eventually it got to dark to take a good clear shot even with the good optics of the nightforce so it looks like a return visit is now in order

picture034cs7.jpg

Nice one Foxshot!!! :)

A very pretty area and view too!!!!! ;)

All the best...................

RAY...................................... :):blush:

Archived