Am I braking the law

I'm sure one of you very knolageable folk out there will know the answer to this;

If the letter of permission I have from a land owner states "that I have permission to shoot on the land and that the farmer also gives permission to who ever I accompany to shoot as long as they are insured" is this legal or not???? or does the other person have to have ther own permission to shoot as well??? ;)

I'm sure one of you very knolageable folk out there will know the answer to this;

If the letter of permission I have from a land owner states "that I have permission to shoot on the land and that the farmer also gives permission to who ever I accompany to shoot as long as they are insured" is this legal or not???? or does the other person have to have ther own permission to shoot as well??? :wacko:

By the wording I would take it to mean only when you accompany them and they are also insured.

A

If the letter of permission I have from a land owner states "that I have permission to shoot on the land and that the farmer also gives permission to who ever I accompany to shoot as long as they are insured" is this legal or not???? or does the other person have to have ther own permission to shoot as well??? :wacko:

hi

anyone you accompany has permission to shoot over that land as long as you are with them, and they are insured and they have a open ticket or the land is passed for there caliber rifle.

ATB

Colin :D

hi

anyone you accompany has permission to shoot over that land as long as you are with them, and they are insured and they have a open ticket or the land is passed for there caliber rifle.

ATB

Colin :wacko:

Colins point about an open ticket/land passed for caliber is very valid as without technically an offence is I think being committed which will invalidate any insurance.

A

Hi Colin, why if they have an open ticket, How would guys manage when they are first apliying and need to be acompanied when they first put in for a centerfire?

If you have a open ticket, you can shoot your rifle anywhere you deem fit,and have permission to use it, even if a FEO has said the land is not suitable.you giving me permission to shoot would in effect give me the go ahead to use my 270 wsm or any rifle i have,as i have an open license.

if you have a closed ticket you have to use it on land deemed suitable by the chief of police,(FEO) and that would mean the land would have to be passed for that caliber rifle that your guest has.IE if your land has been passed for a 223 and your guest has a .22 250 and a closed license he can not use that rifle on your land.

ATB

Colin :wacko:

Archived