Sig 522 Triggers SootingSight upgrade.

Muskett

http://shop.shootingsight.com/SIG-52...22-Trigger.htm

Fitted mine last night. Nothing difficult just a bit of a fiddle at times. This might help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WP4ph4XtM0

Result from dry firing, as I haven't shot it yet, is it does reduce the final break pressure point considerably. What mine does, all clean and lovely, is leave just the long spring uptake. Almost lose the break point. That factory spring is very strong giving a final "heave" as it gets to the break point. Well that is what I'm feeling and its all now very smooth. (So work on that spring, or replacing the spring with something less butch, would give a lighter travel and might even find the break point again.) I presently have a long smooth trigger pull like the comp revolver triggers of old. At least I'm not fighting it any more, but it still takes an age deliberate.

For rapid fire I think it will be a very good, worthy, improvement. For deliberate a good improvement. Sort the factory spring then maybe a vast improvement. I'll try and shoot mine later today.

Just shot it and it made quite a difference, 50m, 7 rounds at least:

IMGP6118.jpg

Now The Sig 522 isn't a target rifle, and the Mambalite isn't the best day scope. My Sig has a free floating barrel, done 6 or 7 thousand rounds and three years old.

The above is at least a 7 shot group at 50m with CCI 40 Grain Sub-Sonics, off a bipod, off the lawn, and I just ran out of ammunition in the end from whatever was left in the twenty five round mag. I was shooting fairly swiftly at the first shot hole top left, the second was the one on the top right, and from then on just chugged in to the hole; at least I know I'm zeroed. It was at the stage where I was just putting them within the hole and even when I switched targets held to whatever it was pointed at; which is what I like and generally means the rifle combo is sorted.

I've struggled in the past to keep the one hole at 50m, or even get it, as the Sig isn't that easy to tack drive as it shows up any marksmanship faults. But this trigger has made it much easier to the point I could do this all day. Get too cavalier as you do with a semi auto and you will throw one or two before concentrating again. The trigger upgrade really added to my confidence in the machine.

This is what you get which doesn't seem a lot for £=$ but sure makes a difference. We brought over 5 and now all found homes:

IMGP6123.jpg

Saved one for you, have replied. Now last one to go and thats it.

One left, and then thats it. If you are thinking about it then don't as once its gone there won't be any more, and you will be kicking yourself.

The sooner this last one gone the sooner I don't have to think about them any more having got them over as a favour. They are at cost which was £=$.

I'm pleased I did mine.

All 5 have homes, so no more.

I like mine, and it will be interesting how others have found them. Funny triggers, everyone likes them a little different.

Archived