nice afternoon "plinkin":-)

skany

Went out at lunch time thinking i need more time to get to know my new rifle:-)

went out to a farm where i know theres the odd crow & plenty of open vally to gett a longer then normal(for me) shot!

anyway after lying down with my book for an hour & getting a stiff neck & no luck other then a optimistic shot at a 400 yd magpie in a fair old cross wind i thought it was time to move about & find another spot!

Anyway i hit the jackpot

Found a large comunity of bunnys which I was looking down onto at about 200yds

shot a 200 yarder & thought ok nothing closer then 250 yds from now on!

had about 8 in total furthest a 320 something yd head shot!

didnt take many rounds with me as i been a bit slack making up a fresh batch so when i was down to 1 round left ithought its time to head back to the truck!

so i walks down to inspect the damage of the 70g noslers & notice a ginger "lump" which turns out to be t large cubs sitting together at around 220 yds!

A quick scan finds me another 4 & they are big!much bigger then anything ive seen so far!

I shot a stragler which was about 50yds behind the "pacK" & cursed myself for wasiting bullets on bunnys !;-(

but ill be up early tomorrow!;-@P

Ill post a picy of my vantage point tomorrow when i get back!

Andy

sounds like you had a good evening skany plenty of targets. It seems pointless to shoot bunnies under 250 yards doesnt it, too easy with a good rifle. I went old school last nite and went out my my .22lr had great fun nailing bunnies and a couple of crows, I will be out tommorow night though after a few gingers and crows up on some new mountain ground I have to shoot.

cheers lads was a bit of fun !

jsut got back from there this morning saw one cub sticking his head out of his hole but left him for now!

Ill go back in a few days & get the lot of em!

smacked a few bunnys but real windy today in the valley i was in!

I found a nice "ridge" that should make a more intresting vantage point for the bunnys & give me 350yds plus into the warren!

when the wind drops ill be there again!

was going to post pics i took on phone but photo bucket dosent like the file type:-(

ANdy

Pop some kitty cat out side the hole, nice smelly fishy variety, that will get them out. Shoot the vixen first the cubs will hang around letting you finnish the job.

We've got to sort some out tomorrow, the den now has been baited for 3 days so there confidense should be high :D

Cheers

Dave

Good advice from Dave, wait till you get the vixen, then the cubs will be easier, if you start shooting the cubs, then the vixen wont come in untill hours have passed,

then you will be playing catch-up as she will most probably move the rest, even if there is only one.

Good luck though, it sounds like nice shooting providing you read the wind.

hi lads

yeah thats what we normally do to be honest & why i left em(didnt want them moved)

We are out tonight on the cub run & know of at least 2x litters apart from the one i found yest so we could get a good number tonight!

I left some more food for the 5 left anyhow!(all the bunnys shot yesterday were gone!)

Andy

Archived