Pulsar 750R Recon

Bramwith

Can any members give me thier views on the Pulsar 750 R Recon Monocular

Wanting to know how good the image is , I see they now have a X870 out.

They are pretty good mate, I have one, I have had it for 3 months. You can spot rabbits etc at over 200 yards away with the built in IR alone, you can also add a extra IR source to increase the IR if needed.

However I am going to sell mine as i bought a NV scope when i was away in the states last month, absolute bargain, for cheaper then anywhere in the UK.

If you decide to get one and want a basically brand new one (3 months old) at reduced price give me a PM bud.

Steve

Hello,

The Recon 750R is not a bad product at all, and is fine for 150m wildlife observation but the built in IR illuminator is less than favourable.

Pulsar also do the Recon 550R which is exactly the same, other than it has an LED IR illuminator, which although not as powerful as the noisy laser that comes with the Recon 750R, it is much sharper and cleaner and most people upgrade the IR illuminators anyway.

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products-Pulsar-Recon-550R-Hand-Held-Night-Vision-Device-3854.htm

Its also on sale for less than the price of a standard Recon 750 at the moment too!

Regards

Paul

recon550roffer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, to disagree, both are pants. If you have to then the X870 starts to be useful. Frankly, I would put your money towards either a good GEN3 PVS14, or go the whole hog and save for a Ward WT37 or Pulsar HD38S thermal spotter. Yes they are a lot of money but worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a N550 spotter ,it never let me down, I ID the target get the target within 150yds & then a quick flash of a green lamp & done ! You could ask 60+ fox in the last 8 month ,but ............value for the £ you cannot go wrong ;)

Archived