I found this buck back in April, still in velvet so i decided to wait until he was clean, after four blank trips i was begining to wish i had taken him while i had the chance.

I got out early and waited for about an hour over looking a recently planted area

p1011353ck6.jpg

I spotted a roe come out from the far bottom corner of the wood into the plantation, not sure if it was a buck or doe, i managed to get across most of the ground,

it was very hard work, like walking on crisps, loads of branches to get over, i got the range down, and was able to confirm it was a buck,

the shot was on after managing to get a good rest on the bipod off a tree stump,

He went straight down, back end first, head back, clean kill.

p1011367uc0.jpg

I had forgoten to take the camera, it was still in the car along with my young lab which i am just starting to train on deer to replace my old border bitch,

this is the first time out for her, so i draged the deer back to the car, and let her work into the wind to find it

p1011357id4.jpg

A good result all round.

I found this buck back in April, still in velvet so i decided to wait until he was clean, after four blank trips i was begining to wish i had taken him while i had the chance.

I got out early and waited for about an hour over looking a recently planted area

p1011353ck6.jpg

I spotted a roe come out from the far bottom corner of the wood into the plantation, not sure if it was a buck or doe, i managed to get across most of the ground,

it was very hard work, like walking on crisps, loads of branches to get over, i got the range down, and was able to confirm it was a buck,

the shot was on after managing to get a good rest on the bipod off a tree stump,

He went straight down, back end first, head back, clean kill.

p1011367uc0.jpg

I had forgoten to take the camera, it was still in the car along with my young lab which i am just starting to train on deer to replace my old border bitch,

this is the first time out for her, so i draged the deer back to the car, and let her work into the wind to find it

p1011357id4.jpg

A good result all round.

Great start for a young dog, better to let her hunt down wind and keep her nose on the deck.Cant beat the company of a good dog im sure tou all agree...

Rgs

Nell

Archived