Deer mounting

Not sure if this should be here or under the deer hunting but anyways here goes,

Could someone tell me how to use these brackets to mount a Fallow head please, bought from Alttlebourgh but there are no instructions of how or where to fit this, I have made the shield for the head to go on but have no idea how to fix one to the other, the mount is for Varminter and you all know how is, so you will know I won't get any peace until I get it done for him :blush: only joking Ray :excl:

dscf1116jp0.jpg

dscf1117fx4.jpg

Many thnks guys.

Hi Charly Hunter,

Undo the bolt from the bracket. Place the bracket inside the brain cavity of the deer with the longer bent end pointing down toward the nose. Slide this bent section down into the part of the skull that leads into the nasal cavity.

Rest the shorter section of the bracket onto the shield . pass the bolt through from the back of the shield and into the thread of the bracket ( it actually goes into the opposite side of the bracket to what is shown on your photo ) and tighten the bolt. This will pull the skull toward the shield and tighten it up.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks Gary, I did think this might be the way but the hole in the skull is slightly small for the metal bar to fit. I got a medium and a large as it's a fallow and it said the small one was for Roe, then when the medium didn't fit I thought I had it all wrong as usual :blush:

Many thanks pard, I will get my big hammer out and make it fit proper :excl: That way Ray could have a wall mount and a jigsaw all in one :unsure:

Thanks Nigel and thanks too Gary!!! :D :D

Bit worried about the hammer bit though Nigel!!!!! :);)

All the best..................

RAY................................ :D;)

Better warn our local farmer that his sheep may be at risk :D:) Rays coming to stay in June, I'll begin to worry if he arrives with a velcro suit ;):D

Cheers

Dave

Archived