new rifle

I assume you are mainly using subbies. If so 14 to 16 inches is more than enough barrel. I use a 10/22 Ruger with a Shilen barrel and and even shorter barrelled Theoben/AMT. If you are not going much beyond 75 yards these are very handy tools in a truck at night. If you are going futher then stay with a bolt action, Anshultz do a short barrelled version.

A

Sapper what you've got is sound enough as I had the same but I got fed up of the length which I think is basically where your coming from.

I saw an article about .22 barrel lengths and 16'' was all that was required. So out comes the hacksaw lopped 8'' off and the best thing I ever did. Obviously you need to recrown it and do the screw cutting again but if you can't there is many people who could do it for you.

Free hand shooting so much better with regard to balance. Lamping from cars is a lot easier. No downsides as far as I can see.

Appparently anymore barrel length only slows the bullet down but as I mainly fire subs it makes no difference to me.

Sapper what you've got is sound enough as I had the same but I got fed up of the length which I think is basically where your coming from.

I saw an article about .22 barrel lengths and 16'' was all that was required. So out comes the hacksaw lopped 8'' off and the best thing I ever did. Obviously you need to recrown it and do the screw cutting again but if you can't there is many people who could do it for you.

Free hand shooting so much better with regard to balance. Lamping from cars is a lot easier. No downsides as far as I can see.

Appparently anymore barrel length only slows the bullet down but as I mainly fire subs it makes no difference to me.

cheers for reply you hit the nail on the head with the length anyone in derbyshire who can reduce size thank you

Archived