A bit of rabbit busting

foxshot

this is one of my better foxing areas also quite a few rabbits for a bit of range work,and quite a few roe deer.My intentions of the day was to do some shooting on the rabbits,couldnt get past 226 yds due to the lie of the land plus stock were in the best fields for long shots so they were out of the question,the first shot of the day was ranged at 146 a easy shot for the ackley,then a few started to show a little further out so made a bit more of a challenge,some may frown on this but i chose to shoot half grown rabbits to make things a little bit more of a challenge,had to position my self in one corner of the field to get out to 226 yds and again the satisfying thump confirmed a god hit( still havnt got over 300 yds), needles to say most of the rabbits were in quite a mess after being hit with the 50 nosler,my intentions was to go and try for a roe before last light but not long after i shot the last rabbit the fog came roling over the hills and that was that,could hardly see 50 yds infront of me,waited for a hour into dark to see if it would clear so i could have a go at a fox on the lamp but no chance,so that was it off home i went,till next time

picture017zd8.jpg

picture016cn5.jpg

picture018xe7.jpg

Hi Foxshot ,

Sounds like you had a great time buddy!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think we shall be hearing about your 300yder plus once summer is in full swing!!! :D:rolleyes:

All the best..................

RAY..................................... :D;)

Nice going foxshot, always nice to get out and about. Nice rifle too.

Cant wait to get cracking on the long range bunnies with my .223 as soon as i get a new mod from Kal.. Is that an A-TEC compact mod you have on there Foxshot?

Like you, i have no qualms about taking young rabbits. I'm there to do a job and the land owner wont thank me for leaving the young because it isn't considered kosher by some.. All my permissions want them all taken out including foxcubs...

Grant...

Grant the mod is T4 AR ,i would have taken more rabbits out but they are a bit more thin on the ground now so need to leave some,the best of luck to you in your long range ventures,look forward to reading some posts from you with the results

Archived