Old school bunny bashing!

shrek

Rite we all know shooting long range rabbits is fun, however i decided to have a go with the old airgun and take me back to my early shooting days! By no means in the rifle a dog, Air Arms S300 single shot and after a little twiddle with the enternals the other day shooting air arms round nost pellets just over 12ft/lb of energy with a 3/4 inch group at 40 yards and i was off!

6 bunnies later i realised how much fun the stalking side of rabbit bashing was again! However the evening of fun was cut short as the nigh befores curry gave me a reason for a hastie dash back to the house :rolleyes: !

My point is, long range shooting is fun with all the calibers that we can think of, however remembering the way in which we got into it, which i would imagine for most of you guys, like me was with airguns from an early age is just as much fun!

Good shooting during this fantasic weather to you all!

Shrek

Guest varmartin

Yep...remember those days well.

11.7 ft lbs was a power level I can remember, but we did not have to have an FAC to own one.

What are the laws in your neck of the woods?

Are you allowed to set any power levels you like or is it recorded on your FAC ??

Remember those days well and like you say it was fun and challenging to get within range of them,i sometimes wish i still had the old rapid 7

Agreed.

Just bought myself a webley exocet (12 ftlbs missiles? marketing or what :rolleyes: ) for playing in the garden and taking my lad out when I shoot my other rifles.

Quite fun watching him stalk and shoot.

I explained to him you needed to crawl to say the next tree and his response was "it will take me ages and its not comfy, can't I just use yours from here" :rolleyes:

Er no :rolleyes: this is the fun bit.

Its still the uk legal limit of 12ftlb energy at muzzel without being on FAC im just bein abit naughty, changing to a slightly heavier pellet would cure it, and its not suppose to be changed but the old girl was gettin abit under powered so i chrono'ed it the other day an it was only giving me 8ftlb's!!! so i opened it up and fiddeled with the air flow regulator, it has made the 200 yard crawls on the belly so much more enjoyable knowing the power and accuracy is behind me, i love it!

Archived