22.250 all over the place

Dragonlr

Finally got out tonight set the turrets back to original zeros put target out at 100yds had 3 shots with no mod on surprised it grouped half inch three inches to the left put mod on fired one shot,perfect one inch high at 100yds started raining went to other side of farm to baited area 15min later Vixen arrived and down she went so gun is now spot on think it was all the rust& crud round the thread on barrel where mod sits as tried 2 mods and still spraying bullets now threads are clean it's shooting spot on so when I got in tonight first job cleaned gun and oiled it. Thanks lads for all the input done every thing that was suggested which must have helped sort out the problem.atb Ed

glad you got it sorted and well done on the vixen , question for any lone how would rust and crud on the threads hurt the zero?

No !!!! Don't go there its shooting ok.

lol

I did wonder but didn't want to ask, could have been a mucky crown.

glad you got it sorted and well done on the vixen , question for any lone how would rust and crud on the threads hurt the zero?

Custom gunmaker guy recons it could have been tipping the mod over slightly and now it's cleaned off can see why before it took brute force to screw the mod on.atb Ed

Custom gunmaker guy recons it could have been tipping the mod over slightly and now it's cleaned off can see why before it took brute force to screw the mod on.atb Ed

I would agree with that, plus it might not be sitting flush against the end of the barrel, and at different points of contact, each time you refit the mod depending on the crud build up. I thoroughly clean the threads on mine and the crown of the barrel after taking shots just to be sure. Glad its all sorted for you and well done on the vixen.

Archived