Chicken killer brought to justice HOPEFULLY

foxshot

Had a call from a local farmer the other day,one of his friends who he supplied some chickens to had an unwelcome visitor,namely a fox and lost most of his fowl,so after a visit and a bit of a scout about to an area close by where the fox may have ventured from i decided to lay and wait for the possibility of the fox showing up.i arrived a couple of hours before dark and found a good area that had some good cover for holding a fox done some rangeing of the area and waited,must have been an hour and a half when a fox came out of some thick cover and headed out this is when the old heart started to get a bit excited,it took a p**s and had a bit of a sniff about all the time i was following him in the scope i gave a bit of a call to stop him then it was lights out,some may say the shot is a bit far back this is because of the angle it was at when the shot was taken

picture015vi5.jpg

at the moment i have two but at the time i shot this one i was using the bushnel pro 1000,but also have a leica lrf 800

Andy the rifle is my 223 ackley built for me by R.G Rifles.it consists of a remmi 700 action.pillar beded into the Mcmillan A5 Stock,i was going to use my old stock for the build but after delivering the rifle for the work to be done i saw the Mcmillan and that was it ,kreiger 1 in 14 26" barrel, custom bolt and i replaced the old T-8 with the smaller T4 AR model,and not forgeting the nightforce scope

Andy the rifle is my 223 ackley built for me by R.G Rifles.it consists of a remmi 700 action.pillar beded into the Mcmillan A5 Stock,i was going to use my old stock for the build but after delivering the rifle for the work to be done i saw the Mcmillan and that was it ,kreiger 1 in 14 26" barrel, custom bolt and i replaced the old T-8 with the smaller T4 AR model,and not forgeting the nightforce scope

Looks the nuts mate , if Russel did it I bet it shoots like a dream,good hunting Andy :)

It is indeed a bracket for the lightforce lamp John and i dont have any glare back at all from it

Hi Foxshot,

Well done on that chicken robbing fox and a very nice rifle too!!!! :lol: :lol:

Have you tried her at range yet????

Shall look forward to your results!!!!

All the best.............

RAY........................................ :D;)

It is indeed a bracket for the lightforce lamp John and i dont have any glare back at all from it

A strip of black electrical tape accross the bottom of the barrel end lense will stop the glare, I use a sunshade with a bit on as I get bad glare from a T8.

How do you rate the effectiveness of the T4 against a T8? as I will need one for a .20 shortly.

A

A strip of black electrical tape accross the bottom of the barrel end lense will stop the glare, I use a sunshade with a bit on as I get bad glare from a T8.

How do you rate the effectiveness of the T4 against a T8? as I will need one for a .20 shortly.

A

I have found no distinguishable difference between the two ,i opted to go for the T4 to keep the weight down a bit

A

Heard that to be effective alright Al, I don't have a mod as yet, I plan to apply for one later on in the year. New regulations in here now so I'll wait for the dust to settle then see what the process is and who's been through it.

Archived