Ravens

eldon

Bloody ravens are a pain in the arse, I bet ya the people that love those ravens so much in that article have never seen a yew have its eyes eaten out by the buggers while its still alive before they start eatin the whole thing alive. Stupid people dont understand the money lost from these things. We have 3 pairs around here and they have done alot of damage over the years and all I can do is let them continue and try and scare them off. They would make quite good pets though, a good hunting mate had a jackdaw called charlie for a few years, it used to sit on his shoulder when he rode the bike and when we were hunting in summer "charlie" used to follow us, was pretty cool.

I'm not sure if it was on this site or another but a guy was having trouble with Ravens. He said he got a licence to cull three of them from Defra I guess, just needed to prove they were doing the damage. Something to bear in mind if you're having real problems.

thanks for bringing that up John, I may well look into it as they do make a nusiance of themselves round here.

The article was from Ireland wasn't it, maybe you have more of a problem over there.

Funny how people look upon the same animals in a different light. Foxes would be another example.

Archived