Hi Guys

had a phone call this evening of a friend inviting me for a evening stalk on his patch of ground.we meet at the lader at 8pm which is in the middle of his patch and with a good view over all the fields around the forest.as we where stood there talking i had a quick look over the ground with my binos and i saw this deer feeding in the middle of this grass field which i thought would be a good challenge as there was no cover to hide behind so the only option was to start walking as far as it was safe to do so and then get on all 4 and crawl the rest and so i did.i managed to get about a 80meters from the beast before i realised that the animal was getting nervous so i decided it was time to take the shoot otherwise it would have been to late.it was a really enjoyable evening out but unfortunatly forgot my camera at home but i will post a picture tomorrow after work.

Regards

no where near as much as i would like mate, working most nights and then sleeping most days. with the one patch only accessible at night that puts days out and the other is still high with cereals at the mo...as soon as my FAC arrives I will be making my time to get out...its just a bind at the mo only having the shotgun...not long to wait now though :unsure:

enjoy

Guest The Equaliser
Hi Guys

had a phone call this evening of a friend inviting me for a evening stalk on his patch of ground.we meet at the lader at 8pm which is in the middle of his patch and with a good view over all the fields around the forest.as we where stood there talking i had a quick look over the ground with my binos and i saw this deer feeding in the middle of this grass field which i thought would be a good challenge as there was no cover to hide behind so the only option was to start walking as far as it was safe to do so and then get on all 4 and crawl the rest and so i did.i managed to get about a 80meters from the beast before i realised that the animal was getting nervous so i decided it was time to take the shoot otherwise it would have been to late.it was a really enjoyable evening out but unfortunatly forgot my camera at home but i will post a picture tomorrow after work.

Regards

Look forward to seeing your Piccies

Kind Regards

Stu

Always good to get a challenging stalk makes it so much better whey you can outwit those wild creatures and make a productive shot ,good stuff Winston

Hey Guys

will not be able to put the pics on until monday as i will not get to the lader until then as i have not got a key and my mate is gone until monday.went out last night and shot another one and 2 foxes.will be back out later on this afternoon after i have been feeding the wild boars.

Regards

Archived