varmint hunting

bruxie hill

a good fried of mine who i get to go stalking with has been having a problem with magpies

so he gave his old game keeper friend a call and told him his dilema the next day he was down and droped of a larsen trap great stuff he said that will sort the little bu---rs out "ah said the game keeper said i will have to catch a call bird first" so 5 or 6 weeks later he came back and set the trap with the call bird in it all was looking good

that weekend my freinds son gary was home from offshore and fancyed a walk round the farm with the .22 so off he went and pinged a few rabbits the he came apon the trap with what he thought was a caught bird remembering what his dad said to him about these pesky birds he thought he would do his duty and (deal) with the bird

lets just say the boll--king he got from his dad will be nothing compared to when the old gammie catches up with him

all the best bruxie

;) Hey poor Gary is not alone... The first time i came across a Larson trap with a maggy in it, i told the estate foreman that there was a bird in it. He asked me to dispose of it. So i did !!

He rang me that night confused as to how the call bird escaped.. Call bird??? " I shot the maggy in the trap like i told you."

I wont repeat the reply i got from him.. It was awhile before i was invited back onto that estate... :lol:

Archived