Travelling over to shoot in europe?

shrek

I have very kindly been invited over to Luxembourg, piggy shooting later in the year. However how do i go about getting my rifle out there with me, not sure whether its easier to go over by car or by plane. and what implications come with carrying a firearm???

Some mates and i went to poland last year, no problems, apply for a european firearms pass from your issueing force ( its free). We flew with easy jet, think it cost £25 per gun per flight. We where plesantly suprised how straight forward it all was.

good luck

Nell

Hi

I have been to Germany and France with my firearms and never had a problem. I have gone by car and air.Just make sure you have all the paper work for your firearms and if you are going by air make sure that you check and have the paper work to say that they will carry firearms.

Dogfox

Cheers for the info lads, if traveling by air does the rifle have to be in any special box or anythin, and will if driving will i be ok to go though france with a 308 (milatary caliber) with all the usual odds and sods?

As I understand it and in my experience, a rigid, lockable case is required for air travel. Many case manufacturers advertise their cases as being "Airline Approved". However, I have never seen an "Airline Spec". I use a Peli but I have also used a Gun Guard in the past. I have taken my 12g/.308 Blaser and my Mannlicher Stutzen in .308 through France on many occasions without problem. No one has ever stopped me to check. I would think twice if I had 7.62mm on my ticket though. That said, I only relate my own experience, not giving you definitive advice. You need to decide for yourself. Have a great trip.

David.

Archived