First outing

6mmBR

Well it was a stunning day yesterday and with the nights drawing out, I thought I'd venture out on the first varminting trip of the season.

The sun was shinning and there was a bit of an east wind going.

I got down to the shoot around 5.30 and thought I'd set up opposite a gorse bank and wait for some bunnies.

DSCF0322.jpg

Well a wonderful start, sunshine and varmints :lol:

A few bunnies popped out, giving plenty of targets, I left the close ones and just picked the longer shots, I don't want to hit them to hard yet.

I managed 3 bunnies with the best being 234yds and the others hovering around the 165yd mark.

Also a pigeon landed on a wood pile at 140yds and was seen off in a ball of feathers with an 87gn V max :)

All in all a wonderfull evening to get out and about on, but my it got cold when that sun slipped low in the sky.

Hopefully it can't be much longer before it warms up and we can get back in to summer varminting.

Cheers all

Dave

Hi Dave ,

Good to see you out and about on the varminting!!!! :):lol:

Been very cold and extremely windy in Cornwall for the last 3 days , so hopefully get out myself over the weekend!!! ;) ;)

All the best...................

RAY............................ :D;)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............... its starting to wind up now, was out yesterday evening too on a new piece of ground way up in the mountains, breath taking stuff from up there hardly any rabbits but loads of foxes and crows. Nice pic dave looks like a great spot.

Archived