another buck and some new deer infested land in one day

well varmartin and myself went to shoot my regular zero check land and shot some awsome groups, then on the way to some of my other land I decided to treat martin to a bit of land I dont go on enough that is very very target rich

its one of only two bits of land that I have to check with the owner before shooting and has comented on that he hadnt seen me for a while and I asked if he had seen any deer recently to which he replied yeh on the new land we got their's quite a lot

my eyebrows obviously raised and he explained that the had got some more land that they were able to cut a track right through their existing land and they had made a track right through some ....well it reminded me of bush veld

martin was still stunned by the beauty of the land and the amount of wild life after he creamed from glassing all the bunnies, crows, rabbits, tree rats, pidgeon's etc etc he had seen in the first few fields on our drive in

we blast some bunnies then went for a walk through the new bit...spiral staircase me deer slots every where,,,,,no spiral staircase that deer everwhere,,,bucks,,,doe's running everywhere

standing gob smacked and wrong cals to hand we stood speechless

so we go back to the truck and glassed the 600 yard flat plane infront of us for a while before moving on to another deer land I have

pulled into the field and there were deer right infront of us playing around in the field

the chosen buck was just standing there looking puzzled at the doe's playing around like crazy women

martin pinged the buck at 230 something (sorry cant remember exactly but martin will) casually dialled in big winnie and casually launched the 210gr hit em with a sledge hammer round and he just zapped to the ground in a heap before the gun even recoiled and banged

thats the way I wanna go, lights out in a click of the finger

any way enough of my ramblin that which promotes growth and vigour so heres some pics

work078.jpg

deer009.jpg

deer013.jpg

deer021.jpg

Guest varmartin

The piece of land Silent has permission on is truly stunning, A lot of it is wide open marshy plain.

There is also a nice wooded area filled with Roe, well we saw at least 5 first visit so its likely there is more.

I am suffering with a dodgy back at the moment, but the Doc said to stay mobile get some exercise but don`t lift any thing heavy.

So what better than to go for a walk with the rifles....of cause Silent placed his WinMag cannon on the deck in front of me

as that is way to `heavy`.

Silents Buck was pinged at 235 yards ...and it did drop like a sack of spuds when hit with the 300.

Thank you Silent for the invite on your permission, and for the `Codeine Phosphate` :rolleyes: Wow...that shits good !!

Here is an image off of my phone.

13042008140jb7.jpg

Guest varmartin
Jeez,

Theres a motley lookin crew... <_<

Think I gotta use the bad back routine so I can get me some huntin time off... ;)

Looks like its time to fire up the grill for some veniyum...

Happy Huntin...

308Panther

Yum....is spot on.

Had some steaks off of the back straps for our dinner....the kids near eat it all :lol: but I did get a taster... :lol:

Nice one Lads!!! :lol: :lol:

A very nice buck there Jamie!!! :P:lol:

All the best.............

RAY............................ :(:lol:

Archived